BMW Werkz banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Driving in highway at night! Photo taken by a mobile phone, so it's not very sharp. But you can see what the speedometer points at! :) 210km/h (around 130mph) and I took the picture while driving! (I know it's insane but I can't help it..)

And Torque:

My car is a e46 316ti (it has a 1.6lt engine with no mods). So my point is; if my car can get up to 130mph, I'm sure a 2.5lt 3 series can get up to 147mph ..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin325i@Oct 12 2004, 08:39 PM
Nice photo shop. Rev it to 6400 take a pic then shop in the needle later? Is that why there's a blur from 0-10 mph but nowhere else on the speedo?
[snapback]210219[/snapback]​
i noticed the blur at first too, and if you look at the top of the picture between the guages tehre is what appears to be another needle there like what it would look like when dark with the dash lights not turned on

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Originally posted by RedlinedRU@Oct 20 2004, 10:37 AM
plus the MPG guage is a 9mpg. if you are going that fast, even if you have the pedal to the floor you are going to get way more mpg than that. if i am going 80 and i bury it, my gauge only drops to like 12 at lowest.
[snapback]214751[/snapback]​
lol, at 6k+ rpm your mpg probably drops to like 5. No way would it stay at 12.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by RedlinedRU@Oct 20 2004, 11:37 AM
plus the MPG guage is a 9mpg. if you are going that fast, even if you have the pedal to the floor you are going to get way more mpg than that. if i am going 80 and i bury it, my gauge only drops to like 12 at lowest.
[snapback]214751[/snapback]​
Yeah, the MPG gauge looks a little low. Here I have a (LOUSY) pic I shot on the 540i I used to have untill a while ago. The gauge is indicating something around 25 liters per 100kms, which is about 9.4 MPG. However it's a 4.4 V8 engine, much heavier car and coupled with automatic transission.
[attachmentid=14575]

This second pic was shot by a friend on his E46-M3 :)
[attachmentid=14576]

Saludos a todos,
Alessandro

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you can get into the onboard computer (of which I am not going to go into here) there are all sorts of tests you can do including the following one

TEST-NR. 02
(Instrument test)

This test works only when the key is in position 1, NOT when the car is running. Press Reset and all of the gauges and lamps in the instrument cluster come to life. All the lamps except for the warning indicators (such as overheating and low oil) come on. I presume the "idiot lights" are connected directly to their respective sensors so they still work even if the OBC dies.

The speedometer and tachometer move on their own from one extreme to the other, so if you want to get a picture of your speedometer reading 155 without leaving the garage, this is the way to do it.

The above relates to the e39 but I would assume all bmw's have this feature.

It looks pretty cool too - One of the tests is called "RESET", resets the service interval perhaps - I haven't had the balls to try it!!!!!! just in case.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
^^^^^^^ ha, that pic would have been much more believable^^^^^^^

21 - 31 of 31 Posts