BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 525i randomly decides to smoke/steam "white color" in different amounts of smoke, up on start from the exhaust, then goes away. First time I noticed/saw it through the back mirror parked in garage it was a HUGE white smoke cloud that smelled like somthing was burning or better said my car got cought on fire. I freaked out.. turned it off, started up the car again min. after... no smoke. Few days prior to that I noticed an oil leak that happedned out of no where also random. So I call my dealer set up an appointment the car is CPO.

Dealership kept the car over the weekend to figure out the smoke issue, said they couldn't get it to smoke. Fixed the oil leak due to "bad rubber seal" So I though that smoke was connected to oil leak issue. Got the car back drove well, no smoke untill today "about a week after DS visit" smoked alot again upon start then goes away. It is very random, sometimes it smokes very little that would seem natural and few times its HUGE clouds of white smoke make it seem that there is a big problem with a car.

Here is the video I was able to capture only "little puff" of smoke:

I probably wouldn't even see that amount of smoke through the back mirror, So I took a little video with my phone to show what Im talking about. The clouds that I call HUGE happened about 3 times so far, 2 before the dealership visit and one today. About 5 times the amount of smoke shown in the video.

WHAT IS LIKELY TO BE THE REASON that causes this WHITE SMOKE?

I did hours of reaserch, came accross many similar threads some say CCV "whatever it is" others say water/coolant mixed with oil, inside the engine, cracked head, blown block etc.. All these info is way above my knowledge and time I have, I would just like to find out what are some of the issues might be so I can go to my Dealership and tell those idiots what to look/check for..

Thanks so much in advance for any info, please ask for more detailed if need.

PS sorry about the video being upside down, had to lay the phone on the ground.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I will look into it, but no its not only on cold start sometimes it will smoke while runnning all day around noon, and its hot here in AZ so i dont think its has anything to do with colder weather now :)

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
That will be the OSV for sure....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are a genius man, OSV is exactly what it was. New Dealer fixed it, for now.. :) thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts