BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 330i 4 door i recently bought for 1500$ it runs and drives great it just goes into limp mode (throttle stops working) so if i shut it off then restart it its fine for awhile. i bought a bmw scanner and a laptop to see the codes and for diagnosis. i am a mechanic by trade but this one has me stumped... i tried changing the transmission filter and fluid along with a pan gasket, i measured the fluid that came out and i cant get that much back in? i tried warming it up then refilling it and im still 2 qts less than what came out. so i changed the TCM with one out of the exact same car i matched all the numbers on the module with mine the only thing different is the vin, that did nothing so i put the stock one back in. i have no communication with the LCM so i tried unplugging it and rescanned the car and its the same. i also checked the battery voltage because i recently replaced the alternator and it has 12.6 while off and over 14 while running. i will attach the pics of my codes, i am just trying to get it to not go into limp mode i can fix the small stuff once it drives without fault.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: Limp mode is fixed light is off, still having LCM issues no communication but it runs and drives perfect.. it was the plastic collar on the transmission filter it had a crack in it. i just changed the fluid and filter at the beginning and the cheap filter i got must have had a crack in the collar that goes under the seal on the filter. put a OEM filter gasket and little collar(comes with the filter) and car is perfect. should i repost in other thread for the rest of the small issues? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
light is back on, when i clear the can codes from the egs it goes away for a second. the throttle stops working when i come to a stop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts