BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people i am new to the board but not to the car industry. :wave I want to buy a 03/04 M3 prefer an Euro M3.

I tried searching for an hour but this damn "SQL query thing kept poping up"

My question is what is the difference in Euro M3 and US M3 besides the motor and transmission? I know the older S50B32 Euro Spec had 321hp and the USA/Canada and M3's elsewhere (Europe/Asia etc.) had 240hp. The newer M3s have 355Hp in the Euro market, and some South American market.

I want to import one but not from Euro but from Brazil as i was looking at there site and they have the same drive train specs as the Euro Spec do, and with this import all i will have to change is the guage cluster...or will i have to convert some more items in the vehicle.

I am not worried about inspection, because where i live i don't have to go through inspection (love the suburbs ;))

And my final question is are the suspension the same on Euro and US?

Thanx so much in advance.
:cheers

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I belive most everything is same, the euro version has 10 more hp which you can buy euro headers or something to make up for that.

sorry about the search, somthing is wrong with the software.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
unless they recently changed something for 04 the Euro M3 has 343hp compared to the US's 333 (like cam already said). and i think the only reason for that is emissions. it would cheaper to buy a US and modify it to 343hp than to try to import a Euro-spec one. both use the same S54 engine unlike the very different S50/S52's from the E36

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yeah the Euro M3 has a lil more power but typically if you import one, you "have to" modify something cuz of the emmisions..

but i have a friend of a friend who apparently paid off the dealer to write as if he made the adjustment, but really didnt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure where you got the 355 HP figure. Please share.

As far as I know, there is only a 10hp difference between the US and Euro version (333 SAE horsepower vs 343 DIN horsepower). 5hp of the difference is attributable to the conversion of the DIN measurement to SAE (i.e. not a real power difference, but purely a math difference). The other 5hp is due to the emmisions control changes (parts) made to adhere to US emmisions requirements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by Ace1875@Nov 30 2003, 10:01 PM
Hello people i am new to the board but not to the car industry. :wave I want to buy a 03/04 M3 prefer an Euro M3.

I tried searching for an hour but this damn "SQL query thing kept poping up"

My question is what is the difference in Euro M3 and US M3 besides the motor and transmission? I know the older S50B32 Euro Spec had 321hp and the USA/Canada and M3's elsewhere (Europe/Asia etc.) had 240hp. The newer M3s have 355Hp in the Euro market, and some South American market.

I want to import one but not from Euro but from Brazil as i was looking at there site and they have the same drive train specs as the Euro Spec do, and with this import all i will have to change is the guage cluster...or will i have to convert some more items in the vehicle.

I am not worried about inspection, because where i live i don't have to go through inspection (love the suburbs ;))

And my final question is are the suspension the same on Euro and US?

Thanx so much in advance.
:cheers
euro M3 is much better than a US spec, check out the web page: www.jagsgill.com euro has a bigger air flow meter, different exhaust, suspension, ecu is mapped differently, etc, etc.... any questions? [email protected] :welcome

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by CarbonReptile@Dec 5 2003, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure where you got the 355 HP figure. Please share.

As far as I know, there is only a 10hp difference between the US and Euro version (333 SAE horsepower vs 343 DIN horsepower). 5hp of the difference is attributable to the conversion of the DIN measurement to SAE (i.e. not a real power difference, but purely a math difference). The other 5hp is due to the emmisions control changes (parts) made to adhere to US emmisions requirements.
the 355hp is from the CSL i do believe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts