BMW Werkz banner

'02 745i squeaking noise at low speed..

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
At 5-15 mph, this squeaking/squealing noise seems to be coming from the front of the vehicle. It only happens when the car is warmed up (10 min. of driving). What could this be? The local service center can't figure it out either. Could it be a brake/caliper issue? I perform regular service on the vehicle. Man do I want a 2010 750i.... anyone want to donate?

#4 ·
Possibly a caliper binding/sticking, after a journey touch the centre of the two front wheels and see if one feels hotter than the other....hot one will be the problem.

#8 ·
checked the hubs? bearings still good? it's got to be something with a rotating assembly then...checked the calipers for tightness? what about pads? one wearing down or not returning when the piston is released could squeal...

#9 ·
Thanks for all your help... I was putting on my summer wheels/tires and discovered that one of the spokes on my winter wheels was cracked and as it turned, the broken halves were rubbing and causing the noise... thank God summer is on the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.