BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my brakes changed. Now the guy that did them I found after the job was done he clearly did not no what he was doing. The guy cut my sensors on the brakes and put together both negative and positive cables. Now I have the Brake light on, Abs light on, and the triangle light on the middle of the console on. Am thinking this idiot burnt out my ABS computer. I had all the sensors and ABS module replaced. The lights are still on and at times my brakes lockup while am driving. Am pretty sure am gonna now have to replace the ABS computer, but does anybody know if by me pulling the fuse on the ABS will this stop my brakes from locking up while am driving????

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Ok dont panic, just the front brakes ??

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Right whats happening is the ABS sensor is not reading the pulses, which occur as the wheel bearing rotates, to get you out of a muddle, remove both the front wheels (1 at a time it doesn't matter), then look straight ahead you will see a black rectangular box undo this and disconnect both plugs, ones for the ABS and the other is for pad wear, I'm not sure which one he's cut ...this will/should stop the brakes locking up, your lights on the dash will still be on until you replace the said sensors (whichever one he's cut).

The ABS one leads to the back off the hub, the other to the brake caliper (pad wear sensor), with the ABS one disconnected you will NOT have ABS (which isnt working anyway), but your brakes will work fine , so you can still drive normally.

PS. if you pull the ABS fuse your car will run like a bag of nails and be virtually un driveable

pps. after that go buy yourself a baseball bat and go play baseball with his head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.