BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an 01' 325CI. It happened this morning when I stop at the red light and try to drive when green the car suddenly lost power. The engine still run smooth. I revs up to 6000rpm and the car going about 10mph. I got it tow home. In the afternoon I try again, it drive fine but when it heated up the tranny stop working and no shift at all.

It is an auto/stiptronic. My car just hit 100k miles.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
1,493 Posts
look at the ground where you car is parked.. see any red oil leak? If yes, folow that lead. Then,

check transmission fluid level:

Correct level? Yes No
Color of fluid? if reddish ok... if dark brown, you may have "burnt" oil

*at a hundred thousand... u prolly need a tranny flush and fresh oil. Provided you haven't burnt the internal clutch discs, we will hope that all will be well.

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
Definite fluid & filter change required

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look at the ground where you car is parked.. see any red oil leak? If yes, folow that lead. Then,

check transmission fluid level:

Correct level? Yes No
Color of fluid? if reddish ok... if dark brown, you may have "burnt" oil

*at a hundred thousand... u prolly need a tranny flush and fresh oil. Provided you haven't burnt the internal clutch discs, we will hope that all will be well.
There is no sign of fluid leak. I will definitely check for the fluid color.
Do you think my tranny had it better day?
But I took for another short drive the power still darn good. However, after five minute it acted up again and no shift.
I will definitely change the fluid and filter this time before thinking of replace the tranny.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.