X3 all over road? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
X Series BMW X3 Forum - Covers all the past and present X vehicles including: X3, X5, X6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
gileg is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
X3 all over road?

I picked up a 2104 28i X3 a few days ago and this morning was the first time I really took it on the highway. It still has the Pirelli run flat tires, I assume they came with the car new.

Trouble is, they follow every crack in the road and I find I have a difficult time keep the car in a straight line--it wants to go left or right about 80% of the time?

Anyone experience similar? Is it tires or a loose front end? This is my first Xdrive car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 09:42 AM
MRD
n00b

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MRD is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem, I had the car aligned but no help. I might try adding chamber plates and try to increase the chamber a bit. I believe it is set to be very responsive on the track but highway driving requires a lot of attention. I am used to it now after driving mine for 6 months but if I take my eye off the road it has a mind of its own.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 06:08 PM
n00b

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
beefrank is on a distinguished road
X3 not driving straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD View Post
Trouble is, they follow every crack in the road and I find I have a difficult time keep the car in a straight line--it wants to go left or right about 80% of the time?

Anyone experience similar? Is it tires or a loose front end? This is my first Xdrive car.

I have the same problem, I had the car aligned but no help. I might try adding chamber plates and try to increase the chamber a bit. I believe it is set to be very responsive on the track but highway driving requires a lot of attention. I am used to it now after driving mine for 6 months but if I take my eye off the road it has a mind of its own.
Is the car pulling to one side? The problem can be with the front struts, coil springs or bushings and not the alignment. A spring may be broken. I would not tolerate these symptoms. Three years ago, I did have problem with my X3 slightly wobbling during braking above 50mph. The right front disc was warped after only 10,000 miles. I replaced both front discs and the ride has been perfect for over 20K.

Last edited by beefrank; 01-09-2019 at 06:15 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
n00b

(Thread Starter)
It doesn't actually pull, however it will follow a road crack to either left or right and I have to correct it constantly, It actually makes me leave it at home sometimes if i am hwy driving. Thanks for your respons
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD View Post

Well, I am going to try a set of new tires, (it has the Pirelli run flats) and an alignment. If I can't cure this issue, she goes up for sale. I don't need a grocery getter, I need something I can feel safe on the highway with. Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > X Series