Brand? - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Wash & Detail Keep your ride looking hot! Share your detailing ideas in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hootie361 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Hootie361
I use Zymol carnuba. Takes 4 hours to wax the car by hand, but damn it looks nice afterwords.

Here's to random orbital buffers!!

Your Lane ------>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:51 PM
n00b

bmwman53 is on a distinguished road
Exceldetail was RIGHT

Have 3 black Bimmers.Ordered the Blackfire kit.Clayed first and then used the other 2 steps and OH MAN .LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Excel I'm payin attention .......
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
5th Gear Member

red330Iperfpkg is just really nice red330Iperfpkg is just really nice red330Iperfpkg is just really nice red330Iperfpkg is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to red330Iperfpkg
zaino ftw!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig done by SpeedInfusion

2001 740i sport
2003 330i ZHP
2003 M5
2005 A4 1.8T
2006 750Li sport

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i forget waht its called but its a yellow bottle with palm trees on it
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Formula 1 waterless wash and wax. Get the whole car done in just under an hour. Pretty hard on the towels, though--takes off a lot of dirt!

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:44 PM
n00b

4n7hr4x is on a distinguished road
Okay I know I'm probably doing it all wrong so I need some advice on not what brand to use only but also the steps I should take.

My 1995 525i no longer has an excellent paint job, and the dings and scratches are visible and very annoying. I used a carnuba wax and also found it to be very hard to apply and then remove, I'm currently using a synthetic liquid polish and while its easy to apply I'm not to impressed with the shine.

I probably should be using more than one product at the same time but I don't know what would be the best. And also is there a polish out there designed for certain color cars?

Would applying Carnuba Wax to fill the scratches and then afterwards applying the liquid synthetic polish be a good way to get a better shine and scratch removal?
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RexKing86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RexKing86
(Thread Starter)
Wow, I started this thread in March 05 and its still alive! I ended up using Mothers Carnuba... Looks very nice, going to do it again next week i think.

btw, im suprised how diverse everyones brand selection is!

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
everyone should post pics! id love to compare them... also what pre treatment are you all doing?
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Neutral Member

exceldetail is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman53
Have 3 black Bimmers.Ordered the Blackfire kit.Clayed first and then used the other 2 steps and OH MAN .LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Excel I'm payin attention .......
Glad it worked for you.....
Quote:
i forget waht its called but its a yellow bottle with palm trees on it
Tropi-care?

Owner exceldetail.com
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin 323is
i am all about zaino brothers wax!!
they dont make wax, they make polish, and they are without a doubt the best...

second best is meguiars professional grade, stay away from nano wax and gold glass and crap like that

Zaino > Meguairs proffesional grade(#7,#26,#6) > all the other crap

meg clay bar, 2 coats meg professional grade #7, followed with 1 of #26, car had terrible oxidation to start with...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast

1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 05-16-2006 at 09:09 PM.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
what about that P21S wax that BavAuto sells... Im tempted to try it...

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I bought that new turtle wax ice... looks pretty sweet. anyone try it? i think ill try Zymol after this if i dont like it.
~Kingo

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK
Hi, I also have a black BMW. I started out using Mother's California Gold Carnuba, but I about broke my A... getting it off. I found it terribly difficult to work with, however, I was waxing it by hand. Since then I have switched to Zymol. It is a liquid and much easier to work with. It does a great job too!

Don't forget to clay your car at least once a year.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensory overload
i like the Zymol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS328
Zymol was ranked best by Consumer Reports a couple of years ago... best shine and durability. I also like Maguiar's...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie361
I use Zymol carnuba. Takes 4 hours to wax the car by hand, but damn it looks nice afterwords.

Here's to random orbital buffers!!
I should have listened to all these previous posts!

ZYMOL FTW!!! Took a while, but the car looks amazing and took a bunch of little scratches that were bothering me. Stay away from mothers, pain to work with, didnt take scratches out, and its sooooooo hard to get of any plastic moldings. The turtle wax ice is good, but i dont see it lasting too long... (tried it on my dads rendezvous)

post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 07:45 AM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
Thumbs up

I use GOLD CLASS spray wax, it sure is expensive but does the job with terricotton towel in like 10 min, that means i wax my whole car in 10 in and my car just shines like glass, no buffing like a dog or anything, just instant shine.

Preyash
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
n00b

Toto is on a distinguished road
Being the new (old) kid here, I thought I'd chime in with wax preferences. I noticed Excel Detail also posted here....I'd give him a shameless plug anytime. He has excellent products and online service that is fantastic!

Okay, on to the wax(s). There are a ton of products out there with as many companies marketing them. I have found it's up to the customer to decide how much time he/she wants to spend on waxing their ride.

As a general rule: Sealants offer longer lasting protection than carnubas. The ones I'm familiar with are: Klasse, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, Meguiar's M21 Synthetic Sealer (professional series), and Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, and Collinite Insulator Wax. I especially like them in the winter for durability.

Carnuba's: Pinnacle Souveran (top stuff), Meguiar's #26, Collinite Carnuba are good ones.

No matter what your preference, it's prep-prep-prep. Wash + Clay + Polish to remove scratches and swirls + End product (Carnuba or sealant) will give you the results.

Here's a 740i Sport metallic gray that I just finished today. I started with 3000 grit and an air sander to knock off scratches. The front bumper was peppered and the headlight lenses were awful. Then, compounded with a rotary polisher using Optimum Compound (light stuff, but I'm not trying to take away clear coat). Then, apply glaze to add oils back to the paint. That process takes the better part of 8 hours for this old man.

My final coat of wax was Meguiar's #26 and the hood got a coat of Pinnacle Souveran because I wanted to show the shop owner how that performs.

Here's a couple of finished pictures.

Here's a shot of the hood. That speck you see on the front fender near the headlight is a bug BTW.

Whatever you decide, seek some advice from folks like Excel or Meguiars. It will save you time and money.

Toto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Wash & Detail