RSX Type S Turbo - Page 3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
Haha you know I gotta represent the true car enthusiast. Too bad we never got together while I lived in NC so you could wax my 5.

Thanks for your concern.

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2004, 02:39 PM

infinityevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by skawful@Aug 4 2004, 04:17 AM
ok why that car is "rice"
1. The liscence plate is on the side...
2. There are 2 RED racing seats... hmmm do you track this car? if so ok then but, if not... RICE
3. It cost $35,000+ im guessing... and it would get owned on a track by most $20,000 bmw's (mods inlcuded)
4. ITS JAPANESE!
5. the engine is not gonna last too long... RICE

otherwise the car is amazing, no tasteless mods... a nice turbo... bet it would out do a e46 m3 on the quarter...
Wow. The fucking plate is on the side so it doesn't block air from running over the intercooler. God damn geniuses.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 11:01 PM

Z3Cutie is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is so stupid.

This has nothing to do with me having a japanese car.

I'm speaking from a car enthusiast point of view, whether it's German, Japanese or Italian.

Most of you guys don't even know the "definition" of rice. "it's rice because it's japanese, it's rice because it doesn't weigh a lot, it's rice because it won't handle boost" Sometimes I think whatever you guys hate about a car that's better than a BMW you call it rice to feel better about yourselves. I've seen quite a few newer POS BMWs with little 2.3 and 2.5 and 2.8l engines that are riced out to the point of no return, and it's getting worse where I live. I just guess just because the back of a BMW looks like a civic, people wanna rice it out.

I'm looking at some of you peoples' "mods" and the first thing that comes to my mind is that you obviously don't have a lot of money for mods. All I see is "cleared headlights", "smoked turn signals" What the fuck is that? Those things are what makes cars rice, and on top of that, you guys do it on slow cars! I don't see anyone with a fast car here except for maybe one or two. "Rice" isn't geographical, Rice are what PEOPLE do to their cars, not WHERE cars come from.

You guys don't have the right to call anything rice until you put more money into performance instead of heavy rims and smoked turn signals. These little BMW engines don't perform for shit compared to what's in the marke nowdayst. Not even the E36 M3 can be considered fast anymore.

I wanna see a skyline or NSX race a new M3 around a track. God, I'd love to see your little German "it can't handle because it's japanese" and Germans are so advanced. I lived in Germany for 8 years and I can assure you that even Germans would laugh at you guys. The 295 hp NSX was destroying an CLS M3 around a track. A 12 year old car

And you can say "if BMW wanted, they could make...." Let's see, which teams were ahead of BMW this Formula one season? Which make finished behind Ferrari when the best engineers from around the world tried to make the best performing car? BMW didn't even finish in the top 3.

The K20 is one of the best 4 cylinder engines you can find and it's still relatively new. People have made over 400 whp on these 4 cylinder engines with minor internal upgrades and boost.

"Japanese aren't as advanced as Germans" The last time I checked, most of the BMW I6s still produced less than 200 hp at the crank. NA I6 with 184 hp, or a NA 4 cylinder with 210 hp, hmmm, which one sounds "more advanced"

This RSX 4 banger runs a 14 second quarter mile N/A. No, it won't handle as good as a BMW, but how many of you guys go out to the race track so you can put your handling skills to the test? Instead of making your slow cars GO faster, you make your slow cars look pretty. RICE!

I know all manufacturers make some POS cars, including Acura, but all you haters need to stop hating because other people have better things.

"It's fast, but let's call it rice because the license plate is not in the middle. Now that I've called it rice I feel much better about myself and I can go back to painting my rims on my 150 hp car."

sawkful, in the other thread I actually thought you knew something about cars. You said an STi is better than an M3. That stupid big spoiler on the STi is more rice than anything on this RSX. Oh and obviously you don't know that Subaru is Japanese.

Du Trottel.

I'm glad there are a couple of guys like lando and lwebb, and a few other ones who don't have their heads stuck up their asses like some of these 150 hp bmw owners who think they own performance cars or something and keep racing their slow cars. "It's not fast but it can handle" Great, more power to you, but they're still slow good handling cars.

Again, this isn't just for BMWs, this is for all makes and models. All cars can be made fast and all cars can be made "pretty" with beautiful eyelash looking like smoked signals. How pretty is that? Some are fast and look good, and some are slow with smoked turn signals. I don't care what car you drive, if you have smoked turn signals, cleared headlights, big rims and can't run a 13 second quarter mile, then you're RICE, wheter it's Japanese or German. You can have the biggest wing, if the car is fast, it's fast, it'snot rice. If it was slow it would be rice. People use the word "rice" to describe "tricked out" slow cars, like more of you guys here have, not "tricked out" fast cars.

Ich seit alle Idioten. Ihr weisst ueberhaupt nichts ueber Autos.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 12:12 AM

I_like_bimmers is an unknown quantity at this point
that's a really nice acura
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 01:39 AM

91notchback is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Z3Cutie@Nov 15 2004, 10:01 PM

I'm speaking from a car enthusiast point of view, whether it's German, Japanese or Italian.

Most of you guys don't even know the "definition" of rice. "it's rice because it's japanese, it's rice because it doesn't weigh a lot, it's rice because it won't handle boost" Sometimes I think whatever you guys hate about a car that's better than a BMW you call it rice to feel better about yourselves. I've seen quite a few newer POS BMWs with little 2.3 and 2.5 and 2.8l engines that are riced out to the point of no return, and it's getting worse where I live. I just guess just because the back of a BMW looks like a civic, people wanna rice it out.

I'm looking at some of you peoples' "mods" and the first thing that comes to my mind is that you obviously don't have a lot of money for mods. All I see is "cleared headlights", "smoked turn signals" What the fuck is that? Those things are what makes cars rice, and on top of that, you guys do it on slow cars! I don't see anyone with a fast car here except for maybe one or two. "Rice" isn't geographical, Rice are what PEOPLE do to their cars, not WHERE cars come from.

You guys don't have the right to call anything rice until you put more money into performance instead of heavy rims and smoked turn signals. These little BMW engines don't perform for shit compared to what's in the marke nowdayst. Not even the E36 M3 can be considered fast anymore.

I wanna see a skyline or NSX race a new M3 around a track. God, I'd love to see your little German "it can't handle because it's japanese" and Germans are so advanced. I lived in Germany for 8 years and I can assure you that even Germans would laugh at you guys. The 295 hp NSX was destroying an CLS M3 around a track. A 12 year old car

And you can say "if BMW wanted, they could make...." Let's see, which teams were ahead of BMW this Formula one season? Which make finished behind Ferrari when the best engineers from around the world tried to make the best performing car? BMW didn't even finish in the top 3.

The K20 is one of the best 4 cylinder engines you can find and it's still relatively new. People have made over 400 whp on these 4 cylinder engines with minor internal upgrades and boost.

"Japanese aren't as advanced as Germans" The last time I checked, most of the BMW I6s still produced less than 200 hp at the crank. NA I6 with 184 hp, or a NA 4 cylinder with 210 hp, hmmm, which one sounds "more advanced"

This RSX 4 banger runs a 14 second quarter mile N/A. No, it won't handle as good as a BMW, but how many of you guys go out to the race track so you can put your handling skills to the test? Instead of making your slow cars GO faster, you make your slow cars look pretty. RICE!

I know all manufacturers make some POS cars, including Acura, but all you haters need to stop hating because other people have better things.

"It's fast, but let's call it rice because the license plate is not in the middle. Now that I've called it rice I feel much better about myself and I can go back to painting my rims on my 150 hp car."

sawkful, in the other thread I actually thought you knew something about cars. You said an STi is better than an M3. That stupid big spoiler on the STi is more rice than anything on this RSX. Oh and obviously you don't know that Subaru is Japanese.

Du Trottel.

I'm glad there are a couple of guys like lando and lwebb, and a few other ones who don't have their heads stuck up their asses like some of these 150 hp bmw owners who think they own performance cars or something and keep racing their slow cars. "It's not fast but it can handle" Great, more power to you, but they're still slow good handling cars.

Again, this isn't just for BMWs, this is for all makes and models. All cars can be made fast and all cars can be made "pretty" with beautiful eyelash looking like smoked signals. How pretty is that? Some are fast and look good, and some are slow with smoked turn signals. I don't care what car you drive, if you have smoked turn signals, cleared headlights, big rims and can't run a 13 second quarter mile, then you're RICE, wheter it's Japanese or German. You can have the biggest wing, if the car is fast, it's fast, it'snot rice. If it was slow it would be rice. People use the word "rice" to describe "tricked out" slow cars, like more of you guys here have, not "tricked out" fast cars.

[snapback]231634[/snapback]
man you saved me so much time its unbeliveabole.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 02:36 AM

M-TekNik is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think theres any thing wrong with that car its well tuned. i myself own a bmw n still keep my mind open about jap cars. im a big fan of rsx's as well. my friend lets me drive his n i love it
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 03:04 AM

Italian Saint is an unknown quantity at this point
QM yeah not a bad car... but still RICE because design concepts used in original engineering and aftermarket tunning. RSX is some of the nicest RCIE in my opinion but it's still RICE. It's not always a knock but I'll take any BMW for touring or tracking over RICE. The other thing about the RSX (and TSX) is the general "feel" of the drive you can't replicate that in a FWD not to mention the suspension set ups. The only RCIE that I have been thoroughly impressed with owning was the S2000 and also the NSX but I've never owned one myself so I can't speak for day to day driving.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 09:57 AM
5th Gear Member

LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Z3Cutie@Nov 16 2004, 12:01 AM

Du Trottel.

[snapback]231634[/snapback]
I agree with all of this except calling the STi "rice". The wing is functional at speeds over 74 (I believe this is correct, but I read this a LONG time ago before they hit the US).

I don't hate people for what they drive, I hate them for being idiots.

LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 10:16 AM

Z3Cutie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LandoAWD@Nov 16 2004, 08:57 AM

I agree with all of this except calling the STi "rice". The wing is functional at speeds over 74 (I believe this is correct, but I read this a LONG time ago before they hit the US).

I don't hate people for what they drive, I hate them for being idiots.
[snapback]231869[/snapback]
No, I didn't call the wing rice. I know both the STi and EVOs have those wings to improve handling, and it's been proven.

What I meant to say is, on one side he calls japanese cars rice, on the other side he likes the Subaru with the big wing. If he wanted to call something rice because of where it's from and what it looks like, he should start with the subaru because of that big wing. Of course it's not rice, but if that's how he looks at cars, then subaru should be on top of his rice list. He's contradicting himself. "It's rice becasue it's Japanese" and then "It's not rice even though it's Japanese because I like it, but everything I don't like is rice"

I'm trying to figure out his point of view.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 12:04 PM

RedlinedRU is an unknown quantity at this point
Even though that RSX would be considered rice in my book, its a damn nice car. Rice doesn't always have to be a bad term and yes, it does have something to do with all show no go. I know that RSX will go, so no hate at all here. I love my friends RSX, he has top of the line mods with a clean look to the car.
Now the only thing I question is the turboed M3 vs. Turboed RSX. I think the M would have the edge on that but it could be close due to RSX's being so lightweight. That video of the 640hp turbo M3 that was posted a while ago. WOW! thats all i gotta say. of course that M3 had a lot more than a turbo on it but still, friggin sick fast.
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Quote:
Originally posted by skawful@Aug 4 2004, 01:37 AM
ok why that car is "rice"
1. The liscence plate is on the side...
2. There are 2 RED racing seats... hmmm do you track this car? if so ok then but, if not... RICE
3. It cost $35,000+ im guessing... and it would get owned on a track by most $20,000 bmw's (mods inlcuded)
4. ITS JAPANESE!
5. the engine is not gonna last too long... RICE

otherwise the car is amazing, no tasteless mods... a nice turbo... bet it would out do a e46 m3 on the quarter...
[snapback]158288[/snapback]
1. That's to keep airflow for the intercooler.
2. Even if he doesn't track it, if he races canyons, it's necessary, the stock seats blow.
3. You'd be surprised.
4. Fuck you.
5. You'd be surprised.

The only critique I have is that the interior is cheap and plasticky. Very tacky if you ask me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Quote:
Originally posted by LandoAWD+Aug 11 2004, 05:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LandoAWD &#064; Aug 11 2004, 05:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lwebb12@Aug 11 2004, 01:28 AM

So for all of you with your slow BMW&#39;s who are to wrapped up in your BMW Roundel you should race this guy. I hope he beats you and then posts this in the kills section so we can all laugh.
Damn right.

I&#39;m up for the same challenge, but bring a boosted M3 to make it interesting.

Nice to see ya lwebb, keep safe in the desert.
[snapback]162870[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Wait till I twin turbo my 325... you&#39;ll see what a good tuner can do with a German motor... I still don&#39;t know how I&#39;ll fit two turbos... but I&#39;ll do my best.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides