The New 2005 Ford Mustang.... ...... Yah. - Page 5 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
91notchback is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by triggrhaapi@Nov 23 2004, 02:56 PM
you tell me when I said a solid axle can't do burnouts...

ok, look. If you have a solid axle, you don't have a differential. I've established that the car has a solid axle.

from a USA Today review of the 2005 Mustang GT:
"The Mustang almost wasn't foaled over the issue of rear suspension. "We couldn't make a profitable business case" because the complex independent rear suspension cost too much, Thai-Tang says. The team didn't want to return to a so-called solid or live rear axle, but, "It was a hard choice we knew we had to make. (CEO) Bill Ford is a Mustang fan, but he didn't cut us any slack" on profit margins.

The solid rear axle forces both rear wheels to jump when only one goes over a bump. In theory, that should cause a rougher ride and flighty steering. Nope. Lots of reengineering of spring and shock absorber location and clever design, sizing and placement of suspension components seem to have all but eliminated the ills associated with a solid rear axle, at least during vigorous driving on public roads."

you see where they talk about the solid rear axle? do you? good. Dumbass.
[snapback]236098[/snapback]
yes i have know that they have solid axles for along time and yes they do have a ruffer ride. yes we all agree on that. but solid axles do have a diff. and i belive that people with 325s who have done motor swaps or have too much power for the stock diff. have used the ford 8.8 witch was used in the mustangs on there BMWs. and i did not ask weather it dould do a burnout or not i asked if it would spin only one tire and not the other. cause that would prove if it has a diff or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
we don't have solid axles in our bimmers. We have either open diffs or limited slip diffs. We have two seperate axles, one that comes out of each side of the diff. a car with a solid rear axle has no diff because the solid one piece axle, as opposed to two axle setups with diff, does not let the outside wheel spin at a different speed as the inside wheel. Having a differential allows one wheel to spin at a different speed as the other, and it requires two seperate axles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by triggrhaapi@Nov 23 2004, 03:10 PM
we don't have solid axles in our bimmers. We have either open diffs or limited slip diffs. We have two seperate axles, one that comes out of each side of the diff. a car with a solid rear axle has no diff because the solid one piece axle, as opposed to two axle setups with diff, does not let the outside wheel spin at a different speed as the inside wheel. Having a differential allows one wheel to spin at a different speed as the other, and it requires two seperate axles.
[snapback]236111[/snapback]
so your saying that a solid axle cant do a one wheel burnout.

i will be posting up a vid of a solid axil spinning one tire and not the other proving my point that the tires dont always spin together. i will PM you with the name of the vid

post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
you prove to me that the car has a solid one piece axle and I'll admit I'm wrong.

post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:59 PM

Ding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by triggrhaapi@Nov 23 2004, 03:21 PM
you prove to me that the car has a solid one piece axle and I'll admit I'm wrong.
[snapback]236125[/snapback]
well dude prepare to admit your wrong cause you and all these other fags that love your bmws so much that you don't understand anything outside of your little german engerneering world are about to understand that your wrong. no factory car has ever come with a completely solid axle. just cause your picture doesn't show cv joints doesn't mean that rear end doesn't have two seperate axes inside of that rear end. Posi is LSD, yeah we all know its pretty much the same idea, who cares what the name is get over it. Your independent isn't the best shit to hit the road, Independent can be bad and solid axle can be good, just depends on how its done, and its so much easier to make a really good solid. when i get done with my car I will have a ford 8.8 rear and two ford explorer half shafts, cause I can't deal with that rear end costs to much to get it to hold any power.

There is a reason everyone hates bmw drivers, and its not cause they are mad that can't a sweet car like yours, like you all think, its cause your all ass holes, well most of you any how, you car is not gods gift to driving, its just a anouther import, I like it cause its decent in all feilds but for it to be a great car, I will have to change alot about it.
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Retired administrator

Well, then I admit that I was wrong about the definition of a live axle. My bad.
Still sucks balls tho.

post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:05 AM

I OWN YOU.

and for all those who douted me and still doubt me i will still make the vid

A$$ holes
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by triggrhaapi@Nov 23 2004, 11:00 PM
Well, then I admit that I was wrong about the definition of a live axle. My bad.
Still sucks balls tho.
[snapback]236482[/snapback]
and your word means nothing now. so who cares
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Retired administrator

Whatever dude, sorry for being a stubborn prick and all, but you don't exactly come across as the smartest puppy in the kennel. I admit to being wrong. I was an ass. I really don't care if my word means anything to you, since you haven't contributed much since you got here. I'm embarrassed and all. Definitely won't be an ass like this again in the future. Have a nice day.

post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 03:31 PM

FruityOne is an unknown quantity at this point
ive been observing this...and 91notchback if you wanna be taken seriously you need to learn to type like an adult...not some 12 yr old
post #71 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 11:57 PM

Ding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fruityone@Nov 24 2004, 02:31 PM
ive been observing this...and 91notchback if you wanna be taken seriously you need to learn to type like an adult...not some 12 yr old
[snapback]236766[/snapback]
i will give him some typing leasons i think, haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides