I really like the Acura TSX - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Other Rides Anything other than BMW related in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
presto is an unknown quantity at this point
japanese pedals r too light for my taste. my dad brought a tl. it was ok but interior was kinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 06:37 PM
SpeedsterBMW

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by presto@Jun 6 2003, 07:43 PM
japanese pedals r too light for my taste. my dad brought a tl. it was ok but interior was kinda
we had a 99 TL...POS...all plasticky, torque at 5000rpms......ROCKET on the highway, just no power down low/going up hills

post #18 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 6 2003, 06:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 6 2003, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--presto@Jun 6 2003, 07:43 PM
we had a 99 TL...POS...all plasticky, torque at 5000rpms......ROCKET on the highway, just no power down low/going up hills [/b][/quote]
i want to see a torque curve for the TsX, because low end torque is imprtant, i like driving around town in 3rd or 4th gear at 20mph to get some good gas mileage

post #19 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 08:44 PM

RetroSpek is an unknown quantity at this point
Im one of the most unbiased ppl on this board donut. Ask speedster and other bmwplaneteers...
Ive always been the import defender..and i still am. But the truth of the matter is... the A4 is just
better in every way compared to the acura tsx.

When it comes to torque, the tsx and a4 are the same 166lbs of torque. The gas mileage is also exactly the same.

When you mod it later..youll understand why you should go a4 and not tsx. Want torque? spend &#036;400 on the giac chip and youll have about 225-230 lbs of it.

Lawrence
post #20 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by RetroSpek@Jun 6 2003, 08:44 PM
Im one of the most unbiased ppl on this board donut. Ask speedster and other bmwplaneteers...
Ive always been the import defender..and i still am. But the truth of the matter is... the A4 is just
better in every way compared to the acura tsx.

When it comes to torque, the tsx and a4 are the same 166lbs of torque. The gas mileage is also exactly the same.

When you mod it later..youll understand why you should go a4 and not tsx. Want torque? spend &#036;400 on the giac chip and youll have about 225-230 lbs of it.

Lawrence
you haven&#39;t driven the tsx yet. either have I. but it will be tough to compare to the A4. my only complaint about the A4 was that the shifter was a bit notchy. i mean it was harder to slip into each gear compared to a bmw or honda, the other ones just feel smoother and a lot easier to get into gear.
post #21 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 08:47 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

L337E46 will become famous soon enough L337E46 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 6 2003, 01:20 PM
dont give into the low prices of the japeneese imports, that have sucky interiors&#33;
Agreed Jeff,

I almost bought an Acura b4 i got my E46...

Their interiors feel tacky, plastcky, the seating surfaces (parts that you sit in) are leather but the rest of the seat aint... and ghey

Some Jap trap interiors just feel cheezy imho...

Of course they look cool when it&#39;s a new car but after a few years they look like shit...

General, Troll Warfare Center: Task Force Troll/Founder BMW FORUMS 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 CLUB/Board Member Brotherhood of Huzzah/Board Member Troll Assassin Board/Board Member W00t! Club/Campaign Director Yanosh for President/Founder L337 Flash Club/Founding Member BMW Forums V1 Club/ BMW-Forums Badger Badger Badger arrgggghhhhhh club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 09:58 PM

BlackTape is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at a 89 Acuara Legend.....
89 Audi 6000
89 BMW M3

03 Acura TSX
03 Audi A4
03 BMW 3 series

2012 Acura ...
2012 Audi
2012 BMW 3 Series
post #23 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 10:00 PM

BlackTape is an unknown quantity at this point
The point is BMW depreciates less and the looks are timeless.

Why would you consider buying an expensive HONDA over a german masterpice.

I like the A4 IMO get the 325 but NOT the Honda
post #24 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 01:16 AM

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont like the looks of the TSX, or the name. I say A4 1.8t w/ k&n filter, chip, and exhaust. Looks and power a plenty.

The e46 has more class but wont gain as much from mods. Depends on what you want out of it, but I say skip the TSX either way.
post #25 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 01:25 AM

RetroSpek is an unknown quantity at this point
youre right Donut.. but im getting a short shifter soon so it should be fixed. Ive driven the RSX plenty of times and i like it.
But still, ill take the A4 because of the overall quality and performance of the car. Its really up to you...but I just want you to make
the best decision. You cant go wrong with the tsx, 325i or the a4...all 3 are excellent cars.

Lawrence
post #26 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 03:00 AM

presto is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah. germans usually a good choice, but its all ur preference. even if ur passing the best car in the world for a suckier one...if u like it, u get it cuz its ur car...not anyone elses.
post #27 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by RetroSpek@Jun 7 2003, 01:25 AM
youre right Donut.. but im getting a short shifter soon so it should be fixed. Ive driven the RSX plenty of times and i like it.
But still, ill take the A4 because of the overall quality and performance of the car. Its really up to you...but I just want you to make
the best decision. You cant go wrong with the tsx, 325i or the a4...all 3 are excellent cars.

Lawrence
hondas are so much cheaper to fix down the road compared to german cars. that is a big advantage. and how is the acura interior crap? it has a 6 cd changer standard and a better stereo standard than BMW.
post #28 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 11:27 AM
SpeedsterBMW

Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 7 2003, 12:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 7 2003, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RetroSpek@Jun 7 2003, 01:25 AM

Lawrence
hondas are so much cheaper to fix down the road compared to german cars. that is a big advantage. and how is the acura interior crap? it has a 6 cd changer standard and a better stereo standard than BMW. [/b][/quote]
thats called the sound system eric...the interior "feel" is so much cheesier...go over railroad tracks in an acura and listen to all the rattles and the shake, go over it in a bimmer, and hear nothing (mercedes are the best at this, better then bmw)....while honda&#39;s engines are reliable, the rest of the car is crappy...how else do they make the tl type S so cheap, yet its acceleration is closing in on 540&#39;s? they gotta skimp somewhere, and most of the time, its in the interior and suspension components....high speed stability on an acura is NOO where near that of a 325, or audi 1.8T

post #29 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 7 2003, 11:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 7 2003, 11:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 12:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RetroSpek
Quote:
@Jun 7 2003, 01:25 AM
youre right Donut.. but im getting a short shifter soon so it should be fixed.* Ive driven the RSX plenty of times and i like it.
But still, ill take the A4 because of the overall quality and performance of the car.* Its really up to you...but I just want you to make
the best decision.* You cant go wrong with the tsx, 325i or the a4...all 3 are excellent cars.

Lawrence

hondas are so much cheaper to fix down the road compared to german cars. that is a big advantage. and how is the acura interior crap? it has a 6 cd changer standard and a better stereo standard than BMW.
thats called the sound system eric...the interior "feel" is so much cheesier...go over railroad tracks in an acura and listen to all the rattles and the shake, go over it in a bimmer, and hear nothing (mercedes are the best at this, better then bmw)....while honda&#39;s engines are reliable, the rest of the car is crappy...how else do they make the tl type S so cheap, yet its acceleration is closing in on 540&#39;s? they gotta skimp somewhere, and most of the time, its in the interior and suspension components....high speed stability on an acura is NOO where near that of a 325, or audi 1.8T [/b][/quote]
i think the tl has a more luxurious ride than the 3 series. the 3 seires is a little stiff IMO. no doubt it handles better, but some cars are better at different things. like price&#33; is it worth to have a bmw for 8 grand more than the TSX?
post #30 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 12:28 PM
SpeedsterBMW

Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 7 2003, 01:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 7 2003, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 12:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RetroSpek
Quote:
Quote:
@Jun 7 2003, 01:25 AM
youre right Donut.. but im getting a short shifter soon so it should be fixed.* Ive driven the RSX plenty of times and i like it.
But still, ill take the A4 because of the overall quality and performance of the car.* Its really up to you...but I just want you to make
the best decision.* You cant go wrong with the tsx, 325i or the a4...all 3 are excellent cars.

Lawrence

thats called the sound system eric...the interior "feel" is so much cheesier...go over railroad tracks in an acura and listen to all the rattles and the shake, go over it in a bimmer, and hear nothing (mercedes are the best at this, better then bmw)....while honda&#39;s engines are reliable, the rest of the car is crappy...how else do they make the tl type S so cheap, yet its acceleration is closing in on 540&#39;s? they gotta skimp somewhere, and most of the time, its in the interior and suspension components....high speed stability on an acura is NOO where near that of a 325, or audi 1.8T
i think the tl has a more luxurious ride than the 3 series. the 3 seires is a little stiff IMO. no doubt it handles better, but some cars are better at different things. like price&#33; is it worth to have a bmw for 8 grand more than the TSX? [/b][/quote]
donut, you keep falling to the low price of the TSX...the two cars are in two different markets...the TSX is in the asian import market, not a sports sedan/GT like a BMW. Sure the RSX has a great value, but you really cant compare the two. BTW, its funny how you say the TL is a bit more luxorious, because i remember driving our 99, it was like driving a cadilac, couldnt corner at ALL....205&#39;s all around with a suspension that leaned the leaning tower of pisa.....if you can afford it, get a 325, if not get a 1.8T but for god sakes eric&#33;

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Other Rides