Your 1st Run In With The Cops... - Page 6 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
racing a Jeep cherokee

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 PM

benneo is on a distinguished road
you guys need to drive anywhere in the uk - we dont have many traffic police left but
we have these [email protected]%*n little yellow speed cameras - instant £60 + 3 points
i drive about 400 miles a week in a workvan up and down the uk and if it wasnt for my sat nav i know i would have been banned over and over!!!!!

also we have average speed cameras which measure your speed on the motorway so you have no choice but to do 70mph!!!
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 11:45 AM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by benneo View Post
also we have average speed cameras which measure your speed on the motorway so you have no choice but to do 70mph!!!
they're installing them right now in Germany... no more going to fast on the Autobahn

well only in the un-limited areas. But about 40% of the Autobahn is limited to 120, 130, 180 kph. Glad I got a stretch of no limit road right a minute away

post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:09 PM

benneo is on a distinguished road
nice one! was working in koln a couple months ago but ive only been driving about 18 months and could not get used to driving on the other side of the road + we had a hire van (still made it do 140k!!) most major motorways have these average cameras but not all of them, we have still managed to clock my mates m3 (155 on the clock!) on m20!!!
post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:20 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by denyo77 View Post
Glad I got a stretch of no limit road right a minute away
That rules! What's the top speed of the touring?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
post #81 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:20 AM
5th Gear Member

Garage
officially: 217 kph
but I've never taken it above 195... c'mon, it's an old car...

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
drz
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^^ It's kinda weird that your friend took your pants home with her

post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
^ i was thinking the same... lol same happend to me the one night i didnt have my liscense I got pulled over for 85 in a 35

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile

1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious

|
|
post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellejuice View Post
...or taking off my pants but aparently my drunken girlfriend took them home with her. Not sure why.
Hmmm, wierd. Same kind of thing happened to me, only it was Daniel(mind you Dave and Erik were there as well....) when we were at Bimmerfest. I was walking funny for days, thank god for Absinthe, I don't remember a thing.

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill

post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
5th Gear Member

Garage
oh I love Absinthe... the one from Latvia is the best, believe me!

post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by denyo77 View Post
oh I love Absinthe... the one from Latvia is the best, believe me!
It's soooooo good, and you get to play with fire when you drink it! What a great combination, high-test alcohol and open flames! Woo Hoo!

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill

post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
1st time I was pulled over it was out of state. I was on a road where the speed limit posted was 45 and I was doing 55. Cop pulls me over and because I'm out of state he writes me a court summons. I had to drive back to bumfuck, NY to pay the stupid ticket. They gave me a court summons intentionally. That cop was a prick.

2nd time I got pulled over it was for no reason. I pulled out of a gas station and the next thing I knew I had a Crown Vic riding up behind me like it was his job. I pull over and he asked me "how much I had to drink tonight." I told him I hadn't had anything to drink that night. He then asked me "you pulled out of the bar back there correct." There was a bar next to the gas station to make this clear. I then told him I was coming from the gas station and had just topped off my tank. It gets better though. He then writes me a written warning for "display of power" because I "chirped" my tires pulling out of the gas station. The idiot thought I was a DUI and had to cover his own stupid mistake.

3rd time I got pulled over was my fault. It was 10PM and I'm getting back from work. I come down a ramp from the highway and usually make a right. That day I made a left hand turn...on red. There wasn't any traffic and the worst part about it is I looked both ways before I did it. Pretty much as soon as I did it I though to myself, did I just do that? Once again I see the infamous lights of a Crown Vic behind me and I once again pull over. The officer asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over. I said, yes, I made a left on red and I don't know why. He asked me where I was coming from and I said work, I've had a long day and I guess I had a mental lapse back there. He then looks at me and asks if I'm on drugs, I say no. I then said, not that this helps or anything but I looked both ways when I did it and as soon as I did it I said to myself I can't believe I just did that. He was cool about it and understood I was sincere and made a mistake. It was a 14 hour workday out in the sun in the middle of July and I was completely wiped out. He let me go without a warning.

4th time I got pulled over was just over 3 months ago by campus police. Fortunately for me I know all of them as I'm an RA but I was basically being a stupid ass 21 year old and saw some hotties and thought it would be a cool idea to do a burnout. Well, needless to say it attracted some attention. The officer who I'm on good terms with straight up asked me WTF are you doing. I said, trying to impress those girls over there. He asked me, do you think it worked. I told him to ask them. The girls response, it was cool until you got caught. The officer said let that be your punishment.

I
I
I
I
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
1st time I got pulled over I was 18 & was when I had my totally restored 72' Chevelle SS.
I was on a side street towards the end of the block.....a bunch of guys hanging out in the park, yell out lets see what its got.....so, I smoke the tires, the car only moved a couple feet, but half the block was full of smoke. Through the smoke in my rearview mirror I see the flashing red lights from the top of the block....so I drive off doing the speed limit.....the police catch up to me a couple of blocks away & pull me over.....license, reg, & insurance....officer says, you think you are @ the racetrack....
You could of hit someone & sent them flying like a football....step out of the car....he says.... very nice care you have here, kicking my tires & checking my car out....he then hands me my papers back....& says, take it easy.....he then gets into his unmarked Chevy Caprice & lights them up! Cool............

johnny,

_______________________97 E36|Conforti Software|M50 Manifold|AFE|Borla|H&R| Bilstein |Eibach|Rockford|3.15 LSD

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 03-06-2009 at 09:12 PM.
post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 06:09 AM
5th Gear Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatCat View Post
It's soooooo good, and you get to play with fire when you drink it! What a great combination, high-test alcohol and open flames! Woo Hoo!
I love burning drinks or shots - B52, Butterfly extreme, you name it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales