V1 Is A Divine Piece Of Machinery - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
komodo is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by 97alpineM3@Nov 11 2004, 08:13 PM
Just so you know.. a cop can tell if your using a radar detector.. they have a certain system that detects your detector... trust me.. I've gotten caught... I was in traffic crusing doing the speed limit with cars on either side of me.. and passed a cop.. by the time he caught up... there were no other cars around me.. and pulled me over... trust me.. they can tell no matter how consealed it is....

Good Luck though,

Les
[snapback]228994[/snapback]
Also the fact that the second they squeeze the trigger you leave a bit of rubber on the road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 09:39 PM

xsperf is an unknown quantity at this point
who needs that invinsible thing, if they catch u, throw the thing under ur seat.. hahahaha lol
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:22 PM

Deloriant is an unknown quantity at this point
I just don't see why it matters if they know you have one...what states is it even illegal in?

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I don't know about illegal, but it's legal in GA. I stopped by a police station to ask them, and they laughed at me saying use it if I want, they mostly use laser around here.

Kinda depressing.

But there again, it has saved me with radar before, like above.

-
|
|
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 02:32 PM

xsperf is an unknown quantity at this point
they r lying when they say laser, because as u expierienced first hand they used radar, they prolly just say that so you get rid of it
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 01:33 AM

Specialblend96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Deloriant@Nov 12 2004, 01:22 AM
I just don't see why it matters if they know you have one...what states is it even illegal in?
[snapback]229082[/snapback]
Every state that you can use a radar decector in, which is a majority. I've used V1s on many road trips, although I did get caught once when i got lasered, the cop was around a corner and he got me right when I turned, otherwise it's an amazing radar. The only other better radars are the ones that have sensors mounted discretley around the car and have a small blinking light somewhere on the dash. The price on those start above $1,000.00, but many of those companies, includeing Passport back up their radars by paying your speeding tickets. I'd research that claim for technicalities though.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 08:34 AM

BLACKBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Kind of fucked up the laws in the USA - I dont understand how you can buy a radar in one area where it is perfectly legal, then when you cross into another state it becomes illegal - what makes it suddenly become illegal when you cross an imaginary line?!?

Makes no sense to me whatsoever - in Europe if you buy something in France then it's legal in Italy or wherever - and that's country to country - let alone county (state) to county in the UK?!
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 09:10 AM

eboy1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
blackbmw: only one problem there mate, you can buy a radar detector in the uk, and use it over here, but you get a fine AND have it confiscated by the police if you get caught with it over in France.

Also, you have a much better chance of getting caught with it over there as the police have far more stop & search powers than the UK.

AND ANOTHER THING!!! The French police now take away your driving license if they catch you going 30 KILOMETRES an hour over the limit!! That's about 19mph over the limit!!!

Mad french peasants. Nice wine though
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 09:12 AM

Deloriant is an unknown quantity at this point
Uhh, what are you guys talking about....V1's pick up on lazer...it's the bottom button..
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 07:04 AM

BLACKBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by eboy1978@Nov 18 2004, 09:10 AM
blackbmw: only one problem there mate, you can buy a radar detector in the uk, and use it over here, but you get a fine AND have it confiscated by the police if you get caught with it over in France.

Also, you have a much better chance of getting caught with it over there as the police have far more stop & search powers than the UK.

AND ANOTHER THING!!! The French police now take away your driving license if they catch you going 30 KILOMETRES an hour over the limit!! That's about 19mph over the limit!!!

Mad french peasants. Nice wine though
[snapback]233044[/snapback]
not for long - they are trying to change the legislation - but you get my drift about the change in laws across states

and i agree - mad french peasants all the way
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 06:05 PM

catalyst. is an unknown quantity at this point
laser detectors are pretty useless arent they? since laser is an almost instantanious reading all it does is tell you that they know how fast your going. laser jammers are really the only things that can protect you against lasers.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by catalyst.@Nov 19 2004, 06:05 PM
laser detectors are pretty useless arent they? since laser is an almost instantanious reading all it does is tell you that they know how fast your going. laser jammers are really the only things that can protect you against lasers.
[snapback]234049[/snapback]
The principal behind laser detection is when you're in a pack, and a cop lasers a person in front of you, the laser beam shatters and the v1 picks up fragments of it, warning you.

-
|
|
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:59 PM

SonTon2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Radar detectors are legal in ohio. who told you it was illegal? It's only illegal in Virginia and Washington DC.

I've had mine for years and it has saved my ass many many many times and I only have a cheapie one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales