Old Guy In New Cobra - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hoppy's535i is an unknown quantity at this point
oh i dont doubt there fast but like most american cars they are fast till they hit the limiter. my buddys camaro will rock me in any race. b ut when we hit 120, im still pulling and hes on the govener

( and yes i know theres a huge dif between a cobra stang and a 305 iroc, but im just ilistrating my point)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Z4B-Mer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
nicely done.....
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:08 PM

CobraGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RedlinedRU@Oct 20 2004, 10:11 AM
indeed the new cobras have supercharged v8's with 390bhp, so you would really need a new M3 to be able to tie with him on a drag race. but cornering, i would have to say the m3 would definately pull it better, not to mention all the options ford doesn't have and the build quality.
[snapback]214736[/snapback]

LMAO! are you serious? used You will need more than an M3 : Better atleast mod it to even keep up. I murdered one on the E-way yesterday and all I have is exhaust and intake. I would give you the cornering (maybe) But a drag race? I love smokin wannabe rich boys in thier toys :nana

Keep up the good fight and leave the racing for the big boys.

post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 12:43 PM
2nd Gear Member

mikester328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikester328
I'd race with a mix of straights and corners anyday over just plain straights, there isn't nearly as much skill required to go in a straight line, cept for shifting and all, but that's required no matter what you're racing. Pure driving skills come into play with a mix of the two.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 05:32 PM

DeefNDorf is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm...How about an M5 Cobra boy..?...
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 02:10 AM

rmxpete is an unknown quantity at this point
ha ha ha, I can already tell whats goin to happen on this page now,

as deefndorf was saying chuck a 507hp M5 in the sum of all things and it mostly good night nurse buddy no matter what your driving!, those things accerleratle about the same speed as my dads 85 911, 0-270km in about 25seconds one thing though the M5 is about twice the weight! "hmm I want one"

today I drove the road that I drive a couple of times a week, I'm getting to know it like the bac of my hand now, the road is made up of tight twisty corners which bank onto each other for 60 km there are 2 straights,

So I'm on my way home and I pass a brand new ford falcon XR6 TURBO,
"for you american die hard ford fans, its australian made, 6 cyilinder, 4 litre turbo, I think its about 240-260kws can easily get 300kws with a couple of bucks!

I pass him fast really fast, and to my suprise this guy wants a race, as he catchs me within the next 5kms or so, the road has some pretty fast corners at this stage so he can keep up my ass rather well and is accerlerating just as good as me out of some tight corners but when things got a little hairy,"I mean goin thourh bends at 200+km'h he was fallen behind rapidly!!,
god I love 3rd gear thats when the money is made in my car if he would catch up thrugh the easyer corners I would pull with 3rd gear and just laugh at him

however the last straight came up and he came from nowere to pass me (I had slowed down like 10k back) I floared it but he was carrying to much speed!

the moral of the story IS those kind of cars suck in real driving conditions of the drag strip!
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Z4B-Mer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Dear CobraGuy,
I would just like to thank you for proving the fact that people who drive American built cars usually have no driving skill. Your car is fast in a straight line on the interstate.... good job... And buddy on the maybe part of a Z4 which i own one of or even an m3 (which i dream of having one day as well) its not a "maybe" as you put it... As a "wannabe rich boy" i have had the good fortune of being able to drive both a 02 cobra and own a Z4 and all i have a few things to say to you personally, cuz you seem like a a dick with the whole rich boy thing ..1) If you were dumb enough to take your half plastic(main reason why i could buy two of your cars for the price of one of my machines), horribly out-dated design MUSTANG up on some canyons against my BMW Z4, THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD BE A MAYBE, IS YOUR PIECE OF SHIT FORD STAYING ON THE ROAD!. get a clue, i bet your the kinda guy that opens up a Motor Trend magizine and the first thing you look at is the 0-60MPH time on the car. hey i mean if i ever do get jealous of your car CobraGuy, i will just take a rim and tire off my Z4 and sell it on E-Bay then go buy a Cobra! i hope i have enlightened you on the fact that your car is a piece of shit, have a nice day
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:03 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by komodo9@Oct 10 2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, makes you look really cool when you fly off a canon road at 100MPH into the ocean because you couldn't take the turns like they do in the commercials.
[snapback]208689[/snapback]

LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:05 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by witeshark@Oct 6 2004, 09:07 PM
Wow that is some amazing speeds! And with an open top!
[snapback]206548[/snapback]
Yeah I think that is why he's sick now (or then when he wrote this)! :lol:

get well buddy. nice story!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 08:19 PM

91notchback is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Z4B-Mer@Nov 12 2004, 09:12 PM
Dear CobraGuy,
I would just like to thank you for proving the fact that people who drive American built cars usually have no driving skill. Your car is fast in a straight line on the interstate.... good job... And buddy on the maybe part of a Z4 which i own one of or even an m3 (which i dream of having one day as well) its not a "maybe" as you put it... As a "wannabe rich boy" i have had the good fortune of being able to drive both a 02 cobra and own a Z4 and all i have a few things to say to you personally, cuz you seem like a a dick with the whole rich boy thing ..1) If you were dumb enough to take your half plastic(main reason why i could buy two of your cars for the price of one of my machines), horribly out-dated design MUSTANG up on some canyons against my BMW Z4, THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD BE A MAYBE, IS YOUR PIECE OF SHIT FORD STAYING ON THE ROAD!. get a clue, i bet your the kinda guy that opens up a Motor Trend magizine and the first thing you look at is the 0-60MPH time on the car. hey i mean if i ever do get jealous of your car CobraGuy, i will just take a rim and tire off my Z4 and sell it on E-Bay then go buy a Cobra! i hope i have enlightened you on the fact that your car is a piece of shit, have a nice day
[snapback]229788[/snapback]
witch 02 cobra did you drive again????
lmao you dont even know your shit there was no cobras in 02. and just to let you guys know what M5 runs faster then 12.3 sec 1/4 and there are compaisions that have said the cobra will handle just as good as the M3, but i will give you they said the M3 was more perdictabol.
also i dont know why you people are so proud of how much you overspent on your car. but that 03 cobra will easaly run neck and neck with the e-46 M3 and it only costs $36000. but im shure if ya want to be cool you could pay them 60 grand for the car if you wanted to impress all of your friends.
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 08:38 PM

iNTELECTUALiSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Fix Or Repair Daily

Need I say more?
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 08:46 PM

91notchback is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by iNTELECTUALiSM@Nov 14 2004, 08:38 PM
Fix Or Repair Daily

Need I say more?
[snapback]230993[/snapback]
why dont you check the recals on both of those cars cause the mustangs is way shorter. just to let you know.

and i have a ford and have no had to fix anything that i did not break with stupidity.
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 06:19 AM

iNTELECTUALiSM is an unknown quantity at this point
have you made it past 200k? your car will probobly blow up before it does.. lol
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 12:33 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy's535i@Oct 24 2004, 09:28 PM
oh i dont doubt there fast but like most american cars they are fast till they hit the limiter. my buddys camaro will rock me in any race. b ut when we hit 120, im still pulling and hes on the govener

( and yes i know theres a huge dif between a cobra stang and a 305 iroc, but im just ilistrating my point)
[snapback]217808[/snapback]
Did he wax his IROC everyday? cuz it's a sweet ride.....Was it the one made with the stealth fighter special metal? Also did he have neon around his licsence plate to diffuse the cops radar?
(A little treat for the older members)

Now on to the topic matter at hand. The difference is engineering. Germans have far superior engineering (look at corvettes... leaf springs were used on horse drawn wagons... and new vettes). But the topic matter is Cobra mustangs or BMWs. They are hella fast in a straight line. They can roll onto an amature or weekend drag strip, put on radials, or not, and take home first with a few mods and good tires. Your cost less than 50k. But go to an auto-x and watch those bad boys spin. They are not balanced the same way a BMW is. One of the best drivers in my region of the SCCA (Consistently places in top 3 in the country in his class) bought a bullit mustang for his daily driver because they are classed the same as the regular mustang GT. He couldn't drive the things for crap! The back end was everywhere, he managed not to spin, but you can't use that power, yet alone the extra power in the cobra. He has since gotten better, he had only had the car for about a few weeks or so (he drove a lot to get the break in period in). You can be happy you got a Mustang, but I would not trade my 1995 318i a Mustang Cobra.... or perhaps I would to sell it and buy another with lower mileage and be able to give it tons of mods.

Go have fun on the strip, I'll have fun on the twisties.
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 12:45 PM
5th Gear Member

LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
You guys REALLY need to stop bashing cars solely based on make. I got my ass walked by an 03 a couple of months back, and all he had was a smaller pulley (not an S/C guy, so I'm not sure what difference it makes, but I am told it is a big one), exhuast, and something else minor.

Those cars are no joke, but they give me something to shoot for with my tuning.

LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales