Noooooooooooooooooooooo - Page 5 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 06:05 PM
ex owner/admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
Quote:
Originally posted by BeelZibub+Feb 17 2005, 02:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeelZibub &#064; Feb 17 2005, 02:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Furious@Feb 17 2005, 08:26 AM
with that said, i am inclined to agree that the e30 is much more BMW than the e36 was, what i mean is that (in my opinion) was the last of a few bmw models that werent customer influenced like todays cars which have navi, softer suspension, this and that. etc etc.* NO ONE SHOULD EVER put down someone for owning an e30 . they own us e36s

ps the e36 is not a salesmans car in any sort of way, that tittle would work better with e39&#39;s (sorry and its not because you have one, its just all the salesman that i know or have met that own bmws had a 5 series)* E36 is more of a general car, every type of person owns it, ive yet to see a trend in what type of person seems to have preferance (thats with my experience in a BMW mechanic shop, this forum, and my current job)
[snapback]293567[/snapback]
I&#39;m afraid over here the 3 series has always been pitched firmly at the salesman/low end exec - that&#39;s just as they were advertised, bought and generally perceived. They are too expensive for the normal family man as they start around 21,000, but for a salesman/ lower exec the 21,000 - 29,000 price tag is about fitting - the post 25,000 ones are obviously more for the higher paid exec but then again most 3ers over here are 316, 318, 320 (the vast majority in fact - because of who they were pitched at maybe???).

However, not many salesmen can afford a 5er starting at 27,000 for the base models and going up to 44,000. These are prices for NEW cars but the same trend has always been there.

Yep I agree you do see lot&#39;s of different people in the e36 now that it&#39;s old and as an ex salesmans car, are cheap to buy, but they were definetly (here in the UK anyway) pitched at salesmen as new - now people can snap up a bit of cheap KUDOS with a blue propellor on the front. A top price for a 1996 328ise over here is 4,000 and it would have to be absolutely immaculate and original with a full bmw service history and only 80,000 on the clock to get that (the more popular 318ise in the same condition should fetch no more than around 3100&#33 - that&#39;s a nice cheap second hand run around for anyone&#39;s money. An immaculate, low mileage, BMW serviced e30 could still set you back nearly 4000 though - classic that&#39;s why.

For anyone that&#39;s interested here&#39;s a cracking article on the e30 M3 - Furious, you almost quote the first paragraph.
[snapback]293761[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

lol wheres the link? mabe i was the one who wrote it, i even started a thread a while back about the differences between the e30, e36 and e46 M3 and what is to come. basically i summed to sum it up....

newer=more power (yay&#33
newer=more touchy feely (booo-hisss&#33

with the exception of the CSL, which was a turn of the clock backwards for BMW and decided to forget what customers said and made a race-like street car, instead of a streetcar thats race-like. BUTTTT i might add that since BMW launched the CSL project close to the majority of the customers were people who ended up defeating the purpose of the CSL and got it loaded with options which were never intended for that car , so now you see CSL&#39;s with radio (the one thing i would add) and airconditioning etc etc etc etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
capslinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Geez all these opinions you people are expressing brings up and old saying:

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and the usually stink

grow up idiots
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:35 PM

bmwforumerm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya....i drive an m3...

I used to have a 328is ...nothing special.

No limited slip
Shit suspension
boring rims
ugly front bumper...

Fact is

1) delor I give you props for all ur hard work into your car.
2) I own a E28 5 with 433,000 miles on it. So dont diss the older cars.
3)This is pathetic to be argueing about what bmw is better...the e30 or the e36. Stop both of you wasting your time with this crap. Go argue about the new v8 m3 or somthing. Lets end this thread.

Good story delor

LETS MOVE ON WITH LIFE&#33;

OFF TO POST MY STORY WITH AN S4&#33;

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 03:41 PM

545ismg is an unknown quantity at this point
my 5er owns U
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 10:28 PM

bmwforumerm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 545ismg@Mar 12 2005, 03:41 PM
my 5er owns U
[snapback]309668[/snapback]
I really hope mr 545 your aiming that kill at me?

lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales