MY very first M moment.. - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Mr. Clean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid View Post
Yep you'll learn with the M you have to be mindful of other cars that may be trying to follow you through corners. There was a Tundra that I ended up right around every day after work at the same light. He HATED for me to pass him on the two lane frontage road. I toyed with him for about two weeks but he refused to admit his truck couldn't keep up with me or stop me from passing. I noticed he was keeping up with me on the turn off the frontage road, 90 degree right hander onto a 3 lane (two the way we were going one the other). So finally I just nailed it, entered at about 40ish and kicked the back end out, everything beatiful. The truck came behind and tried, under steered horribly and screeched to a halt a few feet from the concrete wall on the other side of the road. He gave up after that.

Obviously this can also be a fun and expensive trick to play on someone that thinks they can keep up with you.
That's messed up. I had a dude in a Tundra last weekend try to keep up with me through the twists an turns on a road in my hometown. Perhaps men who drive tundras suffer from BDS (Big Dick Syndrome)? What's worse is I wasn't trying to drive aggressively and I had no idea where he came from. I do know he came out of the woodwork really fast.

Anyways, same situation. I'm coming to a three way intersection with a 90 degree right hand turn. It's banked and fairly wide so I can usually push it through the turn drama free at about 40-45 MPH when the road is dry.

I downshift, come into the turn, hit the throttle at the apex and guess what? No drama for me. Minimal body roll and zero tire squealing. I'm already 200+ feet through the turn and I take a look behind me to see how the Tundra dealt with it.

I heard a lot of tire squealing, I saw the body of the truck roll like it was a boat in a really bad ocean, and he needed all of the opposite lane to prevent his truck from flipping over. It's just lucky that no one else happened to be in the oncoming lane.

I couldn't believe he was that much of a fool to try to keep up with me. Regardless of the fact that I have a real solid suspension set-up and drive a car built for that type of driving, the fact is the man is driving a really unstable truck which is not designed to take turns like that at all. I bet I would have still been substantially faster through that turn if I was driving a Geo Metro and he was still in the Tundra.

My windows were already rolled down and at the next intersection, I shrug my arms, and loudly exclaim, "that was pretty god damn embarrassing for you, wasn't it?"

"I hope you're not stupid enough to try that kind of BS again."

His windows were rolled down too and I know he heard me and saw my expressions. After that not only did he back way off (2 car lengths riding my ass to 10 car lengths), but at the next solid bend in the road he stayed far away from me and didn't even try to keep up.

My guess is he probably shit his pants at the previous intersections as well as seriously damaged his ego.

I'm sure the fool would have done the same shit regardless of the car he was driving...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I
I
I
I

Last edited by BimmerE39; 07-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Member

PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
(Thread Starter)
LOLerz I wish I woulda said that to the kid.. haha I can imagine .. Bet that was pretty embarassing for you wasn't it... haha thats hillarious.. You made my night.. I'm gonna store that one in my bank of ignorant things to say to people.. haha

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:43 AM
4th Gear Member

carguy13 is on a distinguished road
good stories, makes me wish my bimmer was in good condition.

it'll get there one day.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:23 AM

aqeel1 is on a distinguished road
this hole article lookes very great and atractive for me.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 AM
2nd Gear Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bighorns is on a distinguished road
I love rolling through the curves a little quick and watching in my mirrors as the cars behind me almost lose it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales