My Very First Accident - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that sucks dude hope everthing works out

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 12:21 AM

xxxbimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
did it crush the battery compartment ???

hopefully ur left rear panel isnt damaged because there is a chance that it is because he hit u at an angle

im guessing 4k

My car was side swiped and the repair was good but the paint was half ass so now the side of my car is starting to fade ......... pay more for the better paint job its worth it
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 01:26 AM

neal1st is an unknown quantity at this point
now you can take the money and buy mods with it. i live in washington too BTW lynnwood over here

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

spieluhr is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I don't believe hte battery was damaged. But I was looking to get an Optima batt. anyway. Yes, I was hit at an angle, its still pretty messed up across the back of the car, but it is focused on right rear panel.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ok, we have an update.

I went to the auto body today. I went to Bellevue Auto Rebuild and was very impressed with their buisness, so if anyone in the Seattle area ever needs body work I highly recommend it.

Ok, after a bunch of pictures and waiting around he finally came out with some numbers. $4791.00. And that's without taking the whole back end apart and not finding something underneath they couldn't see before, so you have to know that there is even more damage. He also said that from his research we are only a few hundred away from the terminal point in which if we go through insurance they would choose to total it. I could name off one or two things I knew he didn't see, like the tire for instance is worn down cause the bumper is rubbing, so I can pretty much assume my car is totalled if the other party wants to go through insurance, which they will.

On a good note my parents have been wanting to replace my mom's 2000 Z3 for some time now. With the check we will be getting from the insurance company they may take that and use it on a down payment on a new car, and I would get the Z3!!! Its really pretty, and I wouldn't mind driving it at all. I'm not getting my hopes up, just dreaming

anyway, tell me what you think, it was a very stressful day.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, My advice from a person who has had their car totaled via inssurance before.

MY Mustang had over a $1000 worth of customization. I wa able to take ~500 of it out. The inssruance only paid me $114.26 for my $618.86 I had invested in the car (in that their was $410) in a custom racing exhaust job. So sent the inssruance tons of receipt that you had for you car (I ended up giving them receipts for 3 pairs of speakers, lol). And they won't care if the stuff isn't their when they piskup the car. Anf if you go throught inssurance, they are reuqired to provide you with a rental. Even thought it might be shitty, it will get you around. They gave me a cavalier.... lol. If you need any advice or anything, feell free to message me has I went throught that process in november.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ya,i am taking all of my custom shit out of the car that I care about like stereo and wheels. And ya, we found that we do get a rental car from all this. Thanks Rooz, I'll keep that in mind.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:22 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
Don't mean this in a bad way Spieluhr, but if your car is definetely totalled would u sell ur rims? My car looks same as that, but it's the 4 door, same color and everything including the gray bumpers. Hope your car isn't tho because it looked nice!!.

Best of luck!

Had to go through this stuff in October 2004 when my first car got totalled.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
i might, and i will keep you in mind if i don't get another e36, provided its totalled. It heads down tomorrow to begin two month long repairs.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 PM

z3s are nice but i need a backseat bc in hs u never know when ur going to get sex..........i have had a few lunch time romps in my car 8)
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
damn, good point! oh well, my girl has climbed into my lap in my seat before. and yes, electronic seats take way too long to go all the way down.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:31 PM

yea they do..........But the top is low on the z3 u might run into some problems.......
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
just heard from the body shop a few days ago, found another 1000 worth of damage!!! i want my god damn car back!!!
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
why is it that people don't realize that tail gating is a very bad thing? especially on a BMW?
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 06:20 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by spieluhr@Feb 13 2005, 06:10 PM
why is it that people don't realize that tail gating is a very bad thing? especially on a BMW?
[snapback]291198[/snapback]
Cuz their stupid, lol!!

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales