Got schooled by a truck :S - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 02:17 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theironm0nk
um a E36 318is does 7 mine does 6.4 and a 325 does about a 6.5 unmoded I think an M3 does it at 6 flat.
whaaaaat? e36 318is is about 9.5 seconds or so. its the economy e36. and the 325 does about a 7.4 or so. m3 can do it in mid 5s to low 6s depending on options. id suggest you attempt to pull your head out of fantasy land.

Last edited by Ivan; 05-16-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 02:35 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexKing86
wtf?? I have a 2000 Durango V8, and i bet a 318 would have no problem. Thing weighs like 5,000 lbs! Its a tank, but my buddy has an Audi 100CS and he easily beat me in the Durango. Im hoping we replace it with an X5 soon...
doesnt matter. 318s are relatively heavy and have no torque. their engines only really come alive at high rpms, all other times they are total dogs. as much as i hate to admit it the durango would smoke it. i dont bother racing anything or anyone in mine. most vehicles on the road can beat me and even if i won it would be by an embarrasing amount shameful to the letters "bmw". i love my car but it's very slow. that's easy enough to fix though. once i get an m52 or s50 or s52 in there it will be a whole different ballgame.

and btw, my friend had a 93 accord lx with a manual tranny. i never raced him from a stop but i did race him from a roll at about 60mph and i walked away from him fairly quick.

Last edited by Ivan; 05-16-2006 at 02:50 AM.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 01:45 PM

KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan

and btw, my friend had a 93 accord lx with a manual tranny. i never raced him from a stop but i did race him from a roll at about 60mph and i walked away from him fairly quick.

Yea wouldn't surprise me from a roll...but those 2nd Gen. Accords have pretty decent torque off the line (at least the manuals do....mine's a manual). My friend's Automatic '93 SE (DOHC) took out a 2000 Eclipse GS and '98 Mustang off the line once. From a stop and with no engine mods. If anything the car's heavier 'cause he's got a big plexiglass box with two 12" JL's in the trunk. Yea, they're not the fastest on the road by any means....and I know most cars on the road could take me....but there aren't many normal trucks or SUV's (excluding the Lightnings, SRT's, and obviously a few others). Like I said, I'm definitely not dumb enough to rice mine out and start racing alot (I'm normally a pretty laid back driver, but if somebody challenges me who I know won't smoke me I usually will take them up on it...and I've definitely been beat a couple times). I love Honda's (BMW's much more though...definitely) but I think for the most part they're a joke for racing....with the exception of the S2000.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Le Mans X5 ftw would toast any of these lame ass excuses for fast trucks lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...1F288808EB.htm

yes that is god himself hans joachim stuck...and yes that is the V12 from the prototype le mans car stuffed in that x5 and yes that x5 will outhandle any of your current BMW's lol

Kyle Sutherland

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 05-16-2006 at 03:45 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:54 AM

KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
so that's what happens when M gets ahold of the X5 huh? Very nice...but I can't say I like the wheels.....I'd go more for the big 5 spokes they stuck on the 4.4i X5. Just my 2 cents. Still, love to see one of those take on some punk in his Rumble Bee Dodge Ram or Silverado SS haha.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE36M3
so that's what happens when M gets ahold of the X5 huh? Very nice...but I can't say I like the wheels.....I'd go more for the big 5 spokes they stuck on the 4.4i X5. Just my 2 cents. Still, love to see one of those take on some punk in his Rumble Bee Dodge Ram or Silverado SS haha.
dude those are Le Mans wheels. They're uber light. That car was made to rock ass, not look pretty.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
M doesnt have sit on a x5 with a lemans V12 in it with a race spec suspension....

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast

1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough 1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakese36 View Post
its still a piece of shit live axle american truck tell him to take a turn in that thing at that speed then youll see who dominates
Ya ok then. How about loading both vehicles with 2000lbs of stuff and then have a race, See where I'm going

I am a jolly green giant in the land of little people
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:17 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Thread from 2006

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales