Texting and driving - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help A place for members to post site issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
has anyone else noticed the new crop of TV spots about texting and driving?

R.I.P fast 6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
I do it now, but it took me awhile to try since I changed phones about a year and a half ago. If I couldn't do it without looking then I wouldn't try, and I shouldn't at all because it is still a distraction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I don't. Sometimes I read texts (if they're short enough and if there's enough space around me). Ever since the 2 times where unattentive ppl crashed into my car I'm trying to concentrate on driving. Still, ometimes it happens that I can't remember the last couple 100 yrds because I was distracted by thoughts/music/etc.
Distraction (and that includes distraction by drowsiness) is in my opinion really one of the biggest causes of accidents, and I especially try to focus at night because there's lots of wild animals on the roads. Gladly, I've never hit a single animal even thogh I've had about 150 crossings at night. When I drive home (with or without passengers) after a club night I always try to exactly remember the last mile or so. If I can't, it means I'm no longer focused, which means I stop the car and take 2-3 minutes to breathe fresh air and walk around.
I don't know for sure, but I think might have kept me out of several accidents.
Good night btw

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 AM
n00b

robartbs556 is on a distinguished road
Text messaging would not take place powering my wheel... My spouse and i found someone are available in just a handful of toes of your wreck whilst doing the work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > Site > Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help