Question on tint - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 10:41 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spetsnaz Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spetsnaz Op
Quote:
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 8 2003, 04:30 PM
I am getting my windows tinted soon, should I get black or mirror tint??? I want to do sorta what GD wants to do, black everything :P but i saw a black car yesterday with mirrored tint and i thought it looked awesome. What do you guys think?
i think cam540's 97 m3 (he is the guy with the silver m3 right? lol) has "limo" tint...it looks really cool B) B) he said it was illegal

and yeah, those do it yourself kits are horrble for windows...i have seen many a car in baltimore (and iowa also for that matter) with purple back windows with huge bubbles.....eww....

i wouldn't want to know how that tint would hold up with the light bulb heat....but i guess it could be done if you make sure it is sealed really nicely

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Certified Alaska BMW Snow Warrior
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:12 PM

Bob Loblaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Aug 8 2003, 02:36 PM
I think the 'best' or 'only' way to remove tint is with an S.O.S type pad and rub the f'er off. But I may be wrong.
Thank GD. That sounds like a big job, especially for the back window, which has those fragile defrost threadamajigs.

I'm also guessing an S.O.S. would scratch the glass...
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

GreenDragon is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw+Aug 18 2003, 05:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob Loblaw @ Aug 18 2003, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GreenDragon@Aug 8 2003, 02:36 PM
I think the &#39;best&#39; or &#39;only&#39; way to remove tint is with an S.O.S type pad and rub the f&#39;er off. But I may be wrong.
Thank GD. That sounds like a big job, especially for the back window, which has those fragile defrost threadamajigs.

I&#39;m also guessing an S.O.S. would scratch the glass... [/b][/quote]
It probably would somewhat scratch the glass. However, before I bought my car they used something like that (I stil have metal fibers in the car that I can&#39;t get out) and the glass is ok. As for the drfroster lines, JCWhitney sells a kit that you can use to put them back on. So far it seems mine are okay so I haven&#39;t gone out to get it, but I have to guess that it works ok.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 02:45 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
another option would be a razor blade. like the kind used in box cutters that has a flat edge. you can then apply alcohol to get rid of the sticky adhesive mess afterwards

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk