Join Date: Aug 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
|Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
BMW owners, normally you could play a video only while the car is parked or at a very low speed. To unlock the TV or the DVD video while driving, you need do some coding job. BMW NCS-expert is the best coding software, but DVD in Motion for CIC coding needs both NCS expert and NCS Dummy software.
BMW ICOM Rheingold ISTA-D ISTA-P software HDD with engineering software NCS Expert
NCS Dummy software
Hardware that compatible with NCS Expert (BMW ICOM A2+B+C diagnostic system)
A laptop running Win 7/Win 8O/S
What's NCS Dummy software?
NCS Dummy can parse keyword trace files and retrieves all possible parameters, control unit data and order options for each function which makes NCS expert easier to understand.
Activating the CIC DVD in Motion Instruction:
1) Well loaded and install BMW ICOM NCS expert and NCS Dummy coding software
Free download NCS Dummy software
2) Set up and connect BMW ICOM diagnostic hardware with vehicle via OBD socket
3) Read the "FSW_PSW.TRC" trace file from the CIC module with NCS Expert and write down the module name (for example "CIC.C09").
4) Run NCS Dummy software
5) Select BMW Chassis and module, click magnifier button to open the Find window.
Enter search item “SPEEDLOCK” and click “Find Next” (or click ENTER until you stumble upon the desired functions in the graphical trace editor: "SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN" and "SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX".
Right-click function "SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN" and choose "Add Parameter" from the popup menu.
6) Select the new parameters (marked red) and enter a parameter keyword for it, for example 255_kmh. Set the data value to FF.
Repeat previous operation to find out "SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX" function
Click the "Module Functions" button and choose "Update Module..." from the dropdown list.
7) When a system pops out a prompt asking to update the module CIC.C**, press OK to update the module.
8) Load the trace file you read earlier with NCS Expert coding software.
Repeat previous operation to locate functions "SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN" and "SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX"
Tick the checkboxes for the new parameters (14) (15)
Search the function "VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE" and make sure it is set to "nicht_aktiv".
9) Select "Export FSW_PSW.MAN" from the "Export FSW/PSW" button dropdown menu (16) to save the settings to an FSW/PSW trace manipulation file for coding with NCS Expert.
If "Enable Quick Export" is ticked you can quickly export the changes by simply clicking the "Export FSW/PSW" button.
10) Coding procedure is completed. Exit the NCS Dummy and NCS Expert software. Disconnect the BMW ICOM A2 wifi diagnostic system.
NCS-expert software enables BMW DVD in motion for CIC-OBD365.com
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Change BMW E90 VO vehicle order with ICOM NCS-expert||siony||3-Series (E46, E90)||0||04-28-2015 04:48 AM|
|BMW E90 Retrofit Bluetooth with NCS-Expert software||Tony Back||3-Series (E46, E90)||0||04-21-2015 01:52 AM|
|NCS Expert VO problems, what to do?||siony||3-Series (E21, E30)||0||03-18-2015 05:28 AM|
|For Sale Vizualogic A1150 Dvd Monitor Headrests - Single Dvd For 2005-2007 7 Series||CANE116||1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper||0||12-04-2008 11:37 AM|
|Navi DVD: DVD High Europe 2005-2 E46/X3/X5||Pertyn||Audio/Miscellaneous Auto Parts||0||12-30-2006 06:28 AM|