"help! I Want Better Headlights On My 5er!" - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jlevi is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Allen+May 7 2005, 01:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Simon Allen &#064; May 7 2005, 01:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jlevi@May 7 2005, 01:01 AM
Why buy OEM when ours are 3x brighter and whiter... and cost half what yours cost...?
[snapback]341742[/snapback]
Is the answer because of the quality&#33; and they will fall to bits in months and get condensation and mist up within weeks&#33; Not that I am an expert and used to sell them or anything&#33;&#33;

They look good but like I say I used to sell them as they were very much cheaper than oem but the complaints I had was best for me to just stop&#33; :wink
[snapback]341775[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

#1 I doubt you sell the same product as I...

#2 ours will last longer than OEM. Why? OEM have a filament and a bulb that requires replacement. Ours do not.

#3 maybe if you had customer support and reputability, to stand behind your products and help people install it, they wouldn&#39;t have problems

#4 if you want to talk about condensation, then why not put them in your OEM headlights? Yeah, we do that, too.

I suggest next time before advertising openly on this forum, you
a) Pay for sponsorship, like the rest of us.
B) Make your own threads.

Thanks&#33;
JL

P.S. See attached - yes, those are OEM E39 Headlights, which formerly had Fiberoptics. Contact me for more info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	May_052.jpg
Views:	2815
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	20324  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 06:20 PM

amitpatel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jon,

On the Projector39 Headlight guide post #3 Buy our Projector39 Headlight Upgrade Package option, you mentioned that with the package "You get a free remote activation kit for the demon eyes".

1.) When I went to the website to order I selected the Projector39 Headlights w/ DDE and added the HID option as well, then at checkout it shows the projectors/dde + the HID kit, BUT no free remote activation kit listed as well ?....so I have postponed my order for right now.

2.) Are the projectors that you ship out the same exact ones as the 2nd pic in the post? meaning housing is going to be black not chrome or silver, wouldnt want it if its anything but black.

3.) This is a stupid question, but if and when you get a chance can you please post a pic of the upgraded projectors with headlights turned off only the DDE on? I see the first pic on the page are (assuming) stock headlamps with the DDE add-on/headlights off. Second Pic has the upgraded projectors with DDE on as well as the headlights. My question is this, when you start the car the DDE is off? until you switch to the parking lamps only or headlights on mode? or are they auto-on when your start your car without turning the switch at all? Kinda confused if you could please help me out...

I Know this might have been a lot to read, but it might help out future buyers as well.

Thanks,
-Amit
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by amitpatel@May 25 2005, 03:20 PM

Hey Jon,

On the Projector39 Headlight guide post #3 Buy our Projector39 Headlight Upgrade Package option, you mentioned that with the package "You get a free remote activation kit for the demon eyes".

1.) When I went to the website to order I selected the Projector39 Headlights w/ DDE and added the HID option as well, then at checkout it shows the projectors/dde + the HID kit, BUT no free remote activation kit listed as well ?....so I have postponed my order for right now.

2.) Are the projectors that you ship out the same exact ones as the 2nd pic in the post? meaning housing is going to be black not chrome or silver, wouldnt want it if its anything but black.

3.) This is a stupid question, but if and when you get a chance can you please post a pic of the upgraded projectors with headlights turned off only the DDE on? I see the first pic on the page are (assuming) stock headlamps with the DDE add-on/headlights off. Second Pic has the upgraded projectors with DDE on as well as the headlights. My question is this, when you start the car the DDE is off? until you switch to the parking lamps only or headlights on mode? or are they auto-on when your start your car without turning the switch at all? Kinda confused if you could please help me out...

I Know this might have been a lot to read, but it might help out future buyers as well.

Thanks,
-Amit
[snapback]347832[/snapback]

Amit,
1) It doesn&#39;t show in the order total, but it is considered part of the P39 package.
2)They are the exact headlights pictured in the LAST pic. The 2nd is the OEM version.
3)They can be wired to be on whenever the key is on, or with the 5 series it&#39;s also easy to wire them to be on when the parking lights are on. You can really do a lot of cool wiring tricks witht he provided wiring harness

Thanks
JL

post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here is a pic just for you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p39_2.jpg
Views:	3496
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	20661  
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 12:56 AM

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
hey whos car is that ;-) :wink
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 03:05 PM

amitpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the pic post. Know of where I can get my hands on the upgraded back tailights (good ones)?

SLVR E39, where is your hidden garage door opener?
post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 06:06 PM

brerbear069 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jlevi,
I have a 2000 528i which definitely needs new headlights, and I have decided to upgrade to HID when i replace them. I am willing to pay extra for OEM, but I am considering the product you sell, and I have a few questions:

Your lights come with D2S "Equivalent" bulbs... are your lights true HID (like the OEM xenons) of just special bulbs which mimic the effect of HID?

Also, what kind of bulbs are in the lights (because I have heard from many sources that Philips and Sylvania are the only brands to consider), and which color temperature (K) looks most like the OEM xenons?

Thanks
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by brerbear069@May 26 2005, 03:06 PM
Jlevi,
I have a 2000 528i which definitely needs new headlights, and I have decided to upgrade to HID when i replace them. I am willing to pay extra for OEM, but I am considering the product you sell, and I have a few questions:

Your lights come with D2S "Equivalent" bulbs... are your lights true HID (like the OEM xenons) of just special bulbs which mimic the effect of HID?

Also, what kind of bulbs are in the lights (because I have heard from many sources that Philips and Sylvania are the only brands to consider), and which color temperature (K) looks most like the OEM xenons?

Thanks
[snapback]348166[/snapback]
I may have a solution for you...
I have an OEM headlight that I did for fun, it has our latest demon eyes in there. I have to buy another to complete the set. They won&#39;t be cheap, but they are OEM fit and finish.

We put rebased HID bulbs in our kits. What does that mean? It means we take a set of projector headlights with an H7 base in it, and put in an HID system that is adapted to the H7 base. The result is a true HID headlight which costs much, much less. So, in short, we put in true HIDs. We sell and fully back our lineup of ProLumen HID systems. They cost half as much as a Philips system (usually &#036;500-&#036;600), and are a great bang for the buck in terms of quality. All ProLumen HID systems come with a 1 year warranty.

If you are interested in the OEM headlights with HIDs inside of them, email me. I would be happy to build the other one for you.

Thanks
JL
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 04:17 PM

wlin is an unknown quantity at this point
just ordered projector39 w/ xenons from jlevi. will let u guys know how it went later&#33;
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by wlin@Jun 12 2005, 01:17 PM
just ordered projector39 w/ xenons from jlevi. will let u guys know how it went later&#33;
[snapback]352950[/snapback]

Hope the email I sent you helps with wiring. I will check with my supplier tomorrow about the AC tube.
Thanks
JL
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 03:21 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by jlevi+Jun 12 2005, 03:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jlevi &#064; Jun 12 2005, 03:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wlin@Jun 12 2005, 01:17 PM
[snapback]352950[/snapback]

Hope the email I sent you helps with wiring. I will check with my supplier tomorrow about the AC tube.
Thanks
JL
[snapback]352970[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Overall excellent quality; only a tiny extrusion at the side near the corner lens. Xenons have whitish color w/ excellent visibility; however the DDE was not plug and play... still have to tap in the parking wire and draw power form the battery terminal later... but here&#39;re some pics:

here&#39;s how I mounted the prolumen xenon box on driver&#39;s side:

didn&#39;t even tape the ignotor and the other xenon ballast down; just stuffed them under and between stock wires and spaces... seems to be alright:
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 04:05 AM

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Good work Wlin
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Slvr e39@Jun 19 2005, 02:05 AM
Good work Wlin
[snapback]354941[/snapback]
Thanks Slvr e39... hey, were you driving on Jamboree in Irvine heading north this Thursday (or someday last week)? I THINK I saw your car... (silver e39 w/ "very whitish" angel eyes); also, how did u get your rings to light up? (if u could take a few pics of your engine bay near the headlight that&#39;d be great) Thanks a lot in advance
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Will,
I just wanted to thank you publicly (hope I don&#39;t embarrass you) for your patience and courtesy throughout the entire install process. I actually learned a LOT from what you told me - things I haven&#39;t encountered during the installs I&#39;ve done. I really apreciate all your dedication to the project, and I&#39;m glad you are as pleased with the outcome as I am&#33;
We aren&#39;t done yet, but it looks like the end is near.

By the way, did you ever have to bend that pipe?
JL
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jlevi@Jun 21 2005, 01:20 AM
Will,
I just wanted to thank you publicly (hope I don&#39;t embarrass you) for your patience and courtesy throughout the entire install process. I actually learned a LOT from what you told me - things I haven&#39;t encountered during the installs I&#39;ve done. I really apreciate all your dedication to the project, and I&#39;m glad you are as pleased with the outcome as I am&#33;
We aren&#39;t done yet, but it looks like the end is near.

By the way, did you ever have to bend that pipe?
JL
[snapback]355454[/snapback]
haha, np; you were being very professional and responsive too. Argh, the only thing I wanted tho is the plug and play of the DDE rings... I ordered some parts in my BMW dealer (the y-harness splitter) and hopefully it&#39;ll plug into the slot in the middle of the headlight so I dont have to disassemble the DDE plug...
I didn&#39;t have to bend the pipe since the stock angel eyes has the xenon box mounted ONTO the headlight... since I can place the xenon box and ignitor box not right behind the headlights, I didn&#39;t have to bend the pipe anyhow, now the only thing left is to buy the vampire tap and powerup the DDE rings&#33;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)