Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
| || |
| 1. One must use the Idrive to adjust aircon settings. There is more then enough place on the dash for it. The driver must nearly drive off the road to turn from aircon cold to aircon hot. |
|2. The steering wheel hides the park lights switch at my height|
|3. Switching from Radio to CD requires Idrive and distraction|
| Originally posted by Josh_953@Sep 8 2004, 03:04 PM |
| Originally posted by boots@Oct 4 2004, 11:52 AM |
Shame to spend a reasonable amount on what I thought was going to be the "ultimate driving machine!" I typically assume these problems are somehow my fault, however reading these posts has been very helpful - thanks.
Last point - was interested that when called by BMW (or survey co.) when expressing my dissatisfaction the operator asked if I wanted to speak to someone from BMW - when I said yes I was put on hold, waited, waited, waited and then finally gave up - seems like a lot of fake consumer concern to me!
| Originally posted by Josh_953@Sep 6 2004, 03:00 AM |
I have a 2004 530i with the premium package and the dynamic handling package.
I have several problems with it:
1. There is a rattle in the passenger window when the car moves. It often occurs when I brake, accelerate or go over bumps.
2. There is a creaking in the driver's seat when I move around in it.
3. There seems to be a click, almost like a beep, coming from the rear right wheel well when the car is in motion. I only hear it when the car is moving slowly.
Any idea what these things may be?
| Originally posted by TCR@Jul 22 2004, 11:20 PM |
My problems with my new 545 are bad. I am not sure if others had experienced similar problems.
- Got 'Engine too hot warning' message. I took the car to the dealer and after few days of delay the dealer said that it is most likely a software issue and updated the software
- Few days later got the same message and before I could get to the dealer, the radiator water boiled out and spilled all over. Got the vehicle towed away to the dealer and after few days the dealer found the problem. It turns out the radiator fan was not working at all.
This is a very dangerous one.
While driving the car and taking a turn, the steering went rock hard (like stuck) and displayed the message 'Active Steering Initializing'. Luckily it was late in the night and I safely got to the curbside. On restarting the engine, the steering got unstuck.
Now the car is with the dealer and they are trying to figure out what is wrong. I am scared to drive the car..
Had anybody had similar experience?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Smg Problem On 330i||johanfunsale||3-Series (E46, E90)||1||04-01-2017 04:54 PM|
|Erratic Idle / Misfire / Cutting out||makdolby||3-Series (E36)||12||02-05-2012 07:57 AM|
|528i Alarm Problem||Xero||5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)||5||01-03-2011 01:16 PM|
|Alpine 9835 Fm Tuner Problem||ultraviolet353||Audio and Electronics||7||09-22-2004 11:09 PM|