BMW Werkz banner

Bmw 528 In Ca - I'm On East Coast?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Slvr e39 
#1 ·
I live in Delaware and there is a car in CA that I'm interested in. I've seen pics and the owner seems to be honest. The Pics look good, however the can be misleading and hide a lot. The owner is willing to arrange shipping on the car and pay half.

Does anyone know if there is a service that would travel to the car to perform some type of evaluation or mechanical/body check on it. Would a BMW dealer be the best way to go or some independant service. What type of fee should I expect to pay for something like this?

Thanks in advance for any input. This web site is an excellent resource for information!

-Craig

Heres the car:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good morning,

I have learned through experience that it is ALWAYS best to have the car checked out prior to purchase. Your best bet would be to have the seller take it to the local BMW dealership and have a used car inspection done. Cost approx $150.00 for a visual inspection and around 300 for a full mechanical inspection. There are just soooo many things that can be hiden by a seller in photos. Not that every seller is like this but out of the 5 Beemers I have purchased on-line two were bad. Hence, this is where I have learned the hard way through experience. If the seller is truly honest he/she should have no problem doing this for you. You can talk and pay directly the dealership and have them fax you the report.

Hope this helps and good luck with your puchase.

#5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately this guy is jerking me around and saying "the car is in a locked garage in CA and he is in London because he was transferred by his employer". He is saying that he will get a shipping company to pick the car up if I wire him money in the UK.........yeah right.

Thanks again Slvr e39, I really do appreciate the offer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.