BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com (https://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/)
-   5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) (https://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-series-e12-e28-e34-e39/)
-   -   Is 528i A Trust Worthy Car? (https://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/5-series-e12-e28-e34-e39/528i-trust-worthy-car-30311.html)

grdaemon 02-05-2005 04:08 PM

Please guys help.I am about to buy a 528i yet I'm thinking that my budget is too low and I dont know if I can keep her well for long.I mean if something goes wrong what happens.I sure dont want to spent everything I have and then just lock it up in the garage..

billB 02-05-2005 04:35 PM

qrdaemon: You are :welcome to our forum

I've owned one since 1997 when something goes wrong I simply fix it. In your case it depends on many factors among these:
A. How much you willing to spend for the car will determine the year and mileage.
B. How much of the basic repair stuff you can do yourself can save you a lot of $$$
C. Repairs history, ex-owners habits do play a major role in what you get.

So 528i as such is an excellent car on its own and does stand tall among the crowd; beyond that it all depends on how it was driven; and on what you can get for your money in terms of year/miles.

good luck on your purchase
regards
billb

grdaemon 02-05-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by billB@Feb 5 2005, 09:35 PM
qrdaemon: You are :welcome to our forum

I've owned one since 1997 when something goes wrong I simply fix it. In your case it depends on many factors among these:
A. How much you willing to spend for the car will determine the year and mileage.
B. How much of the basic repair stuff you can do yourself can save you a lot of $$$
C. Repairs history, ex-owners habits do play a major role in what you get.

So 528i as such is an excellent car on its own and does stand tall among the crowd; beyond that it all depends on how it was driven; and on what you can get for your money in terms of year/miles.

good luck on your purchase
regards
billb
[snapback]286441[/snapback]

Thanks so much!I feel welcome already.BMW series 5 was always a dream car for me and now that I'm so close to buying one Im anxious as hell!Mileage is high (200000Km's) but all maintenance was done in Official BMW Service Points and the book is complete.Car is supposed to be first hand used by some ambassador here in Oporto.Nevertheless I dont know much about the 2.8 engine or any other specifications...The one I saw has a internal mobile, Hifi with Cd changer on the back, cruise and speed control but hey what else should I check?Please help....

sp0rky 02-07-2005 09:31 AM