Join Date: Nov 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
| Originally posted by bigred318@Dec 19 2004, 09:22 PM |
okay so you all know that i drove a 318 for a little over a year, and i just bought my 95 325i, well it came with traction control and i have a question. say i was going to race someone, even streetlight to streetlight, would it be better to have traction control on or off? say i was on the freeway and i was going to drop 5th to 4th and go, should i take traction control off first? does traction control rob hp/acceleration?
| || |
| Originally posted by bigred318@Dec 19 2004, 09:32 PM |
thanks for the input guys, i will have to do some expirementing anyone else have any thoughts? newbimmer i do not have exhuast on it yet im saving for mine, im getting it from aatuning and it is 689$, uuc is pretty popular on this site to
| Originally posted by newbimmerdriver@Dec 20 2004, 07:17 AM |
is this the chip i need for my 1993 e36 325i
| Originally posted by Nineholes@Dec 20 2004, 09:39 AM |
I have a 1998 323 so my TC could be slightly different to yours, but I have found that the cars acceleration is far better to drive with TC off.
From a standing start the TC reduces the BHP output (to around 85% full) to reduce the likelihood you'll loose traction. Very safety conscientious but I’d rather have the 15% back and lift my foot 5% if needed. That way you get better acceleration but you have to be aware of what your tires are doing, otherwise it's just wasted.
When on the move the TC cuts-in in a similar way, obviously designed to stop the tires spinning-up but again is a greater reduction in power(with a longer duration) than needed if you were to decrease power yourself.
The thing with TC (particularly at high speed) is that it reacts so fast that it gets you out of trouble super-fast. That's a very good thing. The only downside is every now and again you want to let the backend drift and TC puts a total stop to it. Risky but Mundo fun.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|traction control at the track||milkeyisback||3-Series (E21, E30)||2||09-26-2005 01:52 AM|
|traction control at the track||milkeyisback||3-Series (E36)||9||09-24-2005 07:30 PM|
|Traction Control Not Working||Tochenzo||3-Series (E36)||5||03-21-2005 10:41 AM|
|Did The 1995-1999 ///m3 Come With Traction Control||MadBMW||M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)||4||02-13-2005 02:09 PM|
|Traction Control Light||nit78||3-Series (E46, E90)||2||01-28-2004 01:19 PM|