BMW E36 Bentley Service Manual - PDF (+other stuff too) - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Millions of them.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
The 318ti is mechanically (aside from rear suspension) identical to the 318i/is/convertible ... so that would be a yes, yes it does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 AM
n00b

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bradley Robert Fortuin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Disclaimer: This document is to be used only for reference. If you like what you are seeing, please support the author and purchase the real paper copy from Bentley Publishers. No warranty is stated, implied or applied to either the book, server or your vehicle.. Neither the author, the owner of the server nor I can be held responsible for any damages or injuries your incur through improper usage of this manual. Always contact a qualified BMW mechanic if you are not confident enough that you can complete any task described here. The server on which the document is hosted is not owned by me and I am in no way affiliated with it's owner. The link posted here can be removed by either me or the administration upon the request of the publisher, but I have no way of removing the document from the internet. Resale of this document is punishable by law and possible jail time. Void where prohibited by law. Download at your own risk.

When the page opens, click the download link on the left side of the page. Enjoy.

E36 Bentley Service Manual

Other stuff:
E36 Owners Manual

M42 Technical overview

E36/E46/Z3 Convertible Tops
I've just created my new user acc.
Got my E36 BMW328i Cabriolet 2years now .... and loving it.

I've been searching all over the net for the BM manuals and convertible manuals ...

Within 3 minutes of joining ....... I'm sorted.

Much respect.

regards Bradley
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 AM
n00b

I'm a new member.
Just created my acc now.
I drive a '97 E36 BMW 328i Cabriolet Cosmos Black.

Have been searching the web for BMW manuals and Convertible manuals.

Within 3min. of registering, I'm sorted ...... brilliant.

Much respect

Bradley

post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Glad you found it helpful; I hope you stick around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 AM
n00b

Thanks ...will do

cheers

Bradley
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 AM
n00b

online14230 is on a distinguished road
I shall be eternally grateful to you for assisting us with this awesome manual. Here in Sunny South Africa where the steering is on the other side, we tend to hunger for information that could potentially assist us saving a few rands... This, my dear friend, will definately help me get the car back to where it SHOULD be.

Also, Bentley Manuals are definately hard to find here. I know someone who ordered on and got it stolen before he even read it. It seems our postal service has a few shady characters working there

Anyway, now that I have the manual (downloading it as I type, gonna take 4 hours), Im gonna search even harder for the BMW Software Ive been hunting for the last 2 years.
Pretty soon you guys will get an unexpected update to the pics I posted a few months ago. Im installing a carputer and I have it mostly figured already. All I need is to start the Fibreglass fabrication.

Once again, thanks a million...
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Millions of them.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by online14230 View Post
I shall be eternally grateful to you for assisting us with this awesome manual. Here in Sunny South Africa where the steering is on the other side, we tend to hunger for information that could potentially assist us saving a few rands... This, my dear friend, will definately help me get the car back to where it SHOULD be.

Also, Bentley Manuals are definately hard to find here. I know someone who ordered on and got it stolen before he even read it. It seems our postal service has a few shady characters working there

Anyway, now that I have the manual (downloading it as I type, gonna take 4 hours), Im gonna search even harder for the BMW Software Ive been hunting for the last 2 years.
Pretty soon you guys will get an unexpected update to the pics I posted a few months ago. Im installing a carputer and I have it mostly figured already. All I need is to start the Fibreglass fabrication.

Once again, thanks a million...
What software do you need exactly? I might either a) have it or b) be able to get it and post it here.

post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
n00b

Quote:
What software do you need exactly? I might either a) have it or b) be able to get it and post it here.
hehe... Im looking for BMW TIS. Its a GREAT tool for finding EVERYTHING you need. Especially in my case, where the Bentley manual doesnt cover my car... at least not completely. Funny enough, I was JUST gonna order it on CD, when, while browsing the one I downloaded, I realised the 316i '93 is totally neglected.

Anyway, dont stress urself. I found the software on TPB but its gonna take a few weeks to download. Unfortunately, bandwidth in SA isnt exactly cheap, and our company LAN is off limits for that. They'll KILL me the fire my butt!!
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
n00b

Davetherave890 is on a distinguished road
does this work for the 325 tds se
as i downloaded and dont see it, but can see how a lot would apply,
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Millions of them.

(Thread Starter)
Does not pertain to the diesels per se, but honestly everything aside from the engine will be the same; if you have questions pertaining to engine work I have the BMW TIS and can get you whatever instructions you need.

post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 PM
n00b

okay, I give up. I tried downloading TIS AGAIN today and got my butt handed t me on a stick. NOT nice. Anyone know of ANY other way t get get it without being forced to actually sell my car, liver, a lung, 8 fingers and a toe?
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Millions of them.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by online14230 View Post
okay, I give up. I tried downloading TIS AGAIN today and got my butt handed t me on a stick. NOT nice. Anyone know of ANY other way t get get it without being forced to actually sell my car, liver, a lung, 8 fingers and a toe?
Did you actually manage to download it and are stuck with the install or are you having a hard time finding where to download it from?

If it's the first, what sort of operating system are you trying to install this on?

post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
n00b

Quote:
Did you actually manage to download it and are stuck with the install or are you having a hard time finding where to download it from?

If it's the first, what sort of operating system are you trying to install this on?
Its actually not a problem INSTALLING it... its DOWNLOADING thats a problem. See, Im trying to do this from work, and boss man isnt exactly happy about it
Ive found a few places to download from but its just too big to do it in 8 hours, which is all the time I have. The lines PROMISE 384 but deliver slightly more than dialup. Its been proven that its cheaper and quicker to book a ticket and board a plane to hong kong, go there, find a dvd, negotiate a decent price come back and watch it than just to download it here. Yes, we pay a fortune for ridiculous speeds here.

If I manage to get it, it doesnt matter what host it needs cos I run XP, Win7, Suse, Puppy and Mint on 1 machine. Dont ask cos it was hell getting Win 7 to play nice.
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Vladimir123 is on a distinguished road
excellent suggestion I'm downloading it now and give it a whirl in the morning thanks again for the suggestion. If understand you correctly this manual I'm downloading will give me the error for all the codes as well as how to retrieve all codes which I'm sure is fairly simple.
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
n00b

joe01952 is on a distinguished road
Thank You...

New here...

97 328is....

Im sure this manual will help ALOT!!!

Thanks ALot!!!

I hope to find where the damn ambient temp sensor goes!!! lol!

Thanks Again
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)