BMW Werkz banner

Alarm Immobiliser

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Hilmar Þór 
#1 ·
I need some help here with my 316i E36 1995 Model.

My keyfob has been damaged and I can't turn the immobiliser off. Can anyone tell me the quick way to disconnect the immobiliser so I can get to drive the car this weekend.

#2 ·
alarm "brain" is behind glovebox. Check FAQs for directions in getting the glovebox off. Once there, simply disconnect alarm system. Your key should then be able to start the car and all should be well!

#3 ·
Originally posted by frank3@Mar 25 2005, 11:37 PM
alarm "brain" is behind glovebox. Check FAQs for directions in getting the glovebox off. Once there, simply disconnect alarm system. Your key should then be able to start the car and all should be well!
[snapback]318410[/snapback]​
Thanks Frank, you've helped me alot.

#4 ·
Originally posted by frank3@Mar 25 2005, 11:37 PM
[snapback]318410[/snapback]​
Tried looking behind the glove box and saw the central locking control and another control box. tried disconnecting both of them but it didn't work. Im wondering if Im disconnecting the wrong device. Could you tell me what the alarm brain looks like.

#5 ·
It's a black box about 3/4 inch thick and (if I remember) about4" x 5". There is a short (6" ?) wire that sticks out of the box...this is the antenna. There are a couple of switches on the bottom to turn on/off alarm sounds, etc. (These buttons might be behind the door on the bottom of the box, I forget). Inside this door, you can place your chip from your fob and re-program it.

I'm assuming that you have an original BMW alarm system and that you have a three-button fob (I'm taking this from the model year of your car).

#6 ·
Originally posted by frank3@Mar 27 2005, 01:43 AM
It's a black box about 3/4 inch thick and (if I remember) about4" x 5". There is a short (6" ?) wire that sticks out of the box...this is the antenna. There are a couple of switches on the bottom to turn on/off alarm sounds, etc. (These buttons might be behind the door on the bottom of the box, I forget). Inside this door, you can place your chip from your fob and re-program it.

I'm assuming that you have an original BMW alarm system and that you have a three-button fob (I'm taking this from the model year of your car).
[snapback]319063[/snapback]​
The fob that I have is a one button fob that switches the alarm on and off.
If its any help, the alarm is called the BMW 2T. Part no. 93.87.0.000.019.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.