BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - The New 2005 Ford Mustang.... ...... Yah.
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 08:12 PM
triggrhaapi
Retired administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
In response to your sig:

1. I have never raced a mustang in my BMW. However, I did race several in my old 1986 Saab 9000 turbo. 2.0L, pumping 18PSI and a pathetic 215whp (I just cranked the boost and didn't modify injector mapping so I was running WAY lean) I walked away from GTs and totally spanked V6s. I also laughed my ass off while doing so. The old 4.0L V8s sucked balls. Big hairy sweaty balls.

The new mustang does rock pretty well in a straight line, however, the live axle is a disappointment. An open diff would be an improvement, because I'm sure that the GT could handle cornering fairly well with a good suspension.

Of course you compare the M3 to the Cobra. However, as many have said, drag racing an M3 is like fishing with a hooker, it's fun but it's not what you got her for. If you want to drag race, a Mustang is a much more cost effective option, if you want to hit canyons and road courses, a BMW is much much much much better.

A mustang Cobra R can match a modded Elise on the track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome