BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - I'm getting better at stunt
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
triggrhaapi
Retired administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
(Thread Starter)
When I know the course, I mostly early brake into the turn, downshift if necessary, either lift or coast through the apex and gently reintroduce throttle as I pass the apex. I only use left foot braking to correct a mistake, or if I have to tighten a line to avoid an obstacle (i.e. oncoming traffic...)

When I'm racing in GT3, I usually use cars with killer brakes (calsonic skyline, Arta NSX, Tom's Supra, etc) and use left foot braking (no clutch in GT3 so no worries about slamming on the wrong pedal) deeeeeeep into the corner, with a smooth transition through braking into hard accelleration. This technique really allows you to fly through a turn without dropping revs so it's great for narrow powerbanded cars, but it really eats your brakes.

In real life, unless you have HUGE fade free brakes, left foot braking is a bad idea as a regular technique. Like I said before, I'm still playing some parts of stunt by ear, so I haven't gotten down to a tried and true technique yet... most likely my lines will keep changing until I find something that works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome