BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - I'm getting better at stunt
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
triggrhaapi
Retired administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
(Thread Starter)
tonight I just took stunt as fast as I do normally in daytime. Pretty good when you consider that most of the corners are pretty tight so you lose track of where you are in some of the corners.

I'm predicting the corners alot better now, not quite into the full on "I know this course" thing, but I can get the setup lines right and the gear selection right most of the time, I've gone deep into some corners in third and needed to heel toe into second and trailbrake through past the apex and carefully reintroduce hard throttle, but not to be fast, more to save myself from a bad corner setup.

On the good corners, I'm early braking, either rev matching a downshift or just lifting into the corner, then applying hard throttle past the apex. The deep corner entry approach isn't going to work without much much much beefier brakes, and big fat hairy balls to match. I know in the back of my mind it's faster, because it's how I always brake in GT3, but in real life it's very hairy and it makes your heart beat ireggularly. I'm good at left foot braking to tighten a line but when I have to shift deep in a corner, I'm always afraid I'm going to jam hard on the brake thinking it's the clutch.

If you're still with me on this, congratulations. Anybody who runs stunt regularly and can give me some tips, please lay them out here. Keep in mind that my car is more about intense grip than breaking loose and sliding, and I've still got some mods to do...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome