View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Halon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Halon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BMDubya84+Aug 23 2004, 06:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BMDubya84 @ Aug 23 2004, 06:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BMWLotAttendant@Aug 23 2004, 04:31 AM
The early euro M3s all had the 3.0 S50 engine. When the Evo came out it went up to 3.2 litres. US M3s used a 3.0 then 3.2 version of the M50/52 and retained one throttle body rather than the traditional one per cylinder as a cost saving feature. In practice this made a well balanced car at a good price and below 80mph there isn&#39;t a huge difference. The US version didn&#39;t get the Euro&#39;s floating rotor disc brakes or six speed gearbox either.

you really think you&#39;re 1989 s50 engine can take a 2004 Infinity G35.....I&#39;m not convinced....

I&#39;ve driven that G35...and they got POWER....I think he&#39;s going to handle you...with or without the s50...

maybe it&#39;s just me...and I don&#39;t know what I&#39;m talking about...but from what I read...I&#39;ll believe it when I see it....
LoL man are you serious? you are lost my friend you have forgotten about a little thing call power to weight distribution.. :lol: those g3s sedans are bohemiths...my friend has one and its not all that to write home about... [/b][/quote]
if you consider that, you also have to consider; albiet that our car is cool, it is shaped like a german box. I said it, I went there. Our car is not very streamlined. When you start getting into the tripple digits, shit like that is pretty important, you know? I do think however that the G35 may be heavy, but its got alot of power to haul its fat arse around. I saw one go on the freeway, and his acceleration compared to mine was incomprehensable. It would be a neat race either way.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome