1995 740iL - Page 2 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper General Chat related to models that do not fit into particular categories above. Please try to put your discussion in more appropriate sections. This section does cover the 1 Series, MINI Cooper and 8-Series vehicles: BMW 830i, BMW 840Ci, BMW 850i, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, M8, Alpina B12, BMW CS Concept and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
LOL nono, thats not our car LOL...the first three pics is our 7, the rest are other ppls. the other pics are just examples of what im talking about. i dunno what exhaust that is, but we are planning on ac schnitzer exhaust. we have the standard rims like what you have. we are looking for ac schnitzer rims now for it

wheelpower.com is the authorized hamann dealer in the US and i asked them how much it would be, i believe they said it was like $1000 for the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

mikedt4564 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
well, the new front of your car is just sick man! any diea what had to be done to get that? And do you know a price range?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 08:04 PM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
here's a pic of the M parallel rims woobiee mentioned...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	740iL_25.jpg
Views:	8782
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	3465  

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 09:06 PM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
the main parts needed for the facelifted front are as follows:

-left headlight assembly (new version)
-right headlight assembly (new version)
-left fender (new version)
-right fender (new version)
-left turn signal (new version, orange, orange/clear, or clear)
-right turn signal (new version, orange, orange/clear, or clear)
-New grill (optional)

there are a few other small pieces needed, like strips and nuts/bolts etc, which is basically pocket money

like i said, they were direct bolton...meaning what you do is unbolt the fenders and rebolt the new one on, etc.

when we got hit, i researched and found that the new part vs old part were identical, that is why we got the facelifed done, cuz it was the same price if we were going to replace it with the '95 parts.

if i recall, the fenders were about $200-300 each, the headlights were about $300-400 each, turn signals were like $30 bucks each, we "had" a new grill on prior to the hit, but they didnt replace that, that was like $60 for both grill L/R.

shadowline window trim is $400+
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 09:10 PM

o btw, some ppl who want the new front but do not want to pay all that; there is a DIY on how to do it without buying all that...

what it was, you buy the new headlights and clear corners. the reason why you need the new fenders is because the old fenders do not wrap around the front. The new one do, you can see a little piece of the fender from the front underneath the new clear corner. As a result, the new clear corner is shorter (as you can see in the pic). If you put the new headlights/clear corners on with the old fenders, you will have a small gap between the clear corner and the bumper. Now the DIY ppl found ways to fill that gap. Some ppl went to the body shop and got someone to weld a metal piece, or remolded the front a bit. Some got the original clear corner, cut the bottom off to match the gap and painted it body color. If you are not a DIY person, just get the new fenders.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

mikedt4564 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info man, I really appreciate it and will look into that. But another big concern of mine is the CD Player. What do you think is up? I can't live without CD-R's...any idea whats wrong with it?
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 11:04 PM

maybe your particular cd player does not play cd-r. some old cd players do not accept cd-r. very strange. thats all i can muster out, i have no other ideas
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:13 PM

QUICKBIMMER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by woobiee@Sep 26 2003, 07:48 PM
hamann back
Your rims are tight what brand and size rim?
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 05:12 PM

nono, thats not my/our car! that image was just an example to show the hamann rear/front. i believe the rims are made by IForge, and i believe they are 20", if not 19"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper