Z4 M Coupe - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PaInBeLoW is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Z4 M Coupe

Hello. My name is Josh not really new to the site but havent had a Bimmer in a while, BUT Im about to become the proud owner of an '08 Z4 M Coupe. I have done a little searching around (preliminary junk) and have not seen much to improve engine power or anything really for these cars. One might ask "well, why would you even want to"? and to which I would reply, "Well...why not"? So if anybody could point me to some brand names, or some sites that work on the M coupes please let me know!

By the way if anybody works at a Bimmer store in sales, could you please PM me . I have a small question to ask, but need to unbiased but honest info please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear Member

Wonderboy is on a distinguished road
Z4 Series :: Z4 M Coupe (E86) 2006-2007 :: Engine Tuning :: High Flow Throttle Bodies Bavauto.com has some things as well... hope this helps...
Welcome to teh Werkz

I pretty much piss excellence!
#3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Hey there and welcome back to Teh Werkz! There are oh so many options to choose from - all depending upon your needs and wallet size! Getting your ECU chip reprogrammed to boost engine power, rev limited and elimanate speed restrictions is one thing. Supercharging (or, of course even a turbo) - use of forced induction is the biggest way to increase your power. Many choices are totally reversable too! But first things first - if you are buying your new bestial prize new or just about new, you have the full coverage package from BMWUSA/the dealer for service and even most wear and tear for the first many thousand miles and several years. If you make changes on your own like touched on above, you will almost definitely VOID this coverage - this is something I would advise verty careful though on. The only way around this I know of is to get these mods done BY THE DEALER when you buy the car. BMW used to use Dinan, a top industry brand in doing these types of pre-sale mods, and they do not void the warranties, but you will surely pay a fat premium. I think this year BMW's contract with Dinan is over and they are using their own forced induction products. You can and should check all this with your dealer.

All the above said, top tuners are all over. KO Performance in FL, a web based company with a great rep has several good and cost-reasonable choices for beefing up the power. Same with BavAuto as Wonderboy told you above. Top brands are Dinan, VF Engineering, Active Autowerkz, UUC and others.

Where do you live?? If you choose to puruse more power as above, first off you need a top race shop to get it done right and keep it running right!

Last thing is that even though you have a new ///M car, once you start beefing up power, you need to start thinking about better brakes (eg Brembos) as with great power comes great stopping responsibility! Lightweight clutch and flywheel, better exhaust, etc etc all boost hp. This can get expensive and fast my friend (I know whereof I speak!)

I hope this stuff helps. Enjoy your new ride and remember - there is pretty much NEVER enough power!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
turner motorsports has a couple of exhausts and a h and r coilover kit... none of the stuff on there is cheap but new cars arent cheap to mod ethier...
#5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
I would highly suggest tightening the nut behind the wheel...
Good luck, great choice!

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness
BMW used to use Dinan, a top industry brand in doing these types of pre-sale mods, and they do not void the warranties, but you will surely pay a fat premium. I think this year BMW's contract with Dinan is over and they are using their own forced induction products. You can and should check all this with your dealer.
Dinan is stepping up to maintain the warranties no matter what.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 02:41 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
Z4 Series :: Z4 M Coupe (E86) 2006-2007 :: Engine Tuning :: High Flow Throttle Bodies Bavauto.com has some things as well... hope this helps...
Welcome to teh Werkz
I don't know if it's just me, but I think I could find a better mod for $1400 that gives more than 6 hp. Seems kind of outrageous.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 AM
n00b

john123 is on a distinguished road
welcome Josh

john
#9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
This thread is more than 2 years old.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
which is why it is locked now.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM