Z3 - subwoofer - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Queue is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Z3 - subwoofer

I just recently blew out my subwoofer on my '01 Z3 Convertible.

Does anyone have any advice where I can go to repair or replace?
Can anyone recommend a shop in the Marina del Rey / Santa Monica, CA area?

Also, I need a recommendation for custom leather work too.
The blue leather on my dash above the airbag is ripped and needs to be removed.

Lastly, my left passenger window squeaks when it rolls up/down. Anyone know of any places to get this fixed? Should I just contact an auto glass company in the area? Any recommendations?

Thanks! I feel like I have the lemon of all z3s!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
n00b

Z32001 is on a distinguished road
you don't want a BMW replacement. you're talking $200-$300 minimum. mine blew out also and I went to one of these car audio places. The problem will be that you need a pretty flat sub-woofer. There's not much space. If you go to a couple they can check it out and save you a bundle.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
blaupunkt has a thin sub that sounds great just so you know

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
You need to decide whether to use this opportunity to improve and go aftermarket (you can do it for not a ton of $ - see my friend and fellow Z3-er MiguelACA's threads on his recent install of a new 8" sub instead of the garbage 3" one that is stock. You can also go custom and spend more like I did and it sounds amazing - your choice. I'd at least improve with a set up like Miggs did -i minimum! You should enjoy your beautiful car! You can check my vbGarage page on Werkz for details of my system if interested too.

Sorry, I'm an East coaster so can't help you on teh leather.

Good luck!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
what sound system is on your z3? if you have the HK setup, you have a 6'' subwoofer instead of the dual 3'' the non HK z's get, if you do have the 6'' sub, and dont ant to break the bank, you can get a Kicker CVT65, with is a 6.5'' subwoofer, you have to cut a bit of the box up inside, but its not visible anyways

if you want more bass, you can do what i am doing, sealing up the subwoofer enclosure with dynamat to make a "sub box" and having a custom lid made to hold the subwoofer, it will turn the whole enclosure into a sub box, look in the audio forum on here for pics

as for roadstermadness' setup, he actually has a BOX put in there because he is using the bigger kicker comp subwoofer

the difference between the comp and the cvt is that the cvt is a shallow mount, and doesnt require as much space as a normal sub but still (supposedly) bumps as hard

ill be having my sub put in either tomorrow or wednesday, ill post pics and let u guys know how it sounds

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness

Last edited by MiguelACA; 04-07-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM