Z3 & M -Past winners & runners up contest - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Z3 & M -Past winners & runners up contest

These are from the last few years of BavAuto:

Miggs/Dev - I think I like ours better mostly, though the first one with the full Hammann body kit is pretty cool....

And PS - the last one seems to have my stock wheels on it! (note no lip...)

By roadstermadness

By roadstermadness

By roadstermadness

By roadstermadness

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Blue one

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
The Hamann kit does look cool, but those wheels just kill the car. I also don't like the last silver one b/c the rear quarter panel paint makes it look like he's trying to be a P-car...

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Agree on the wheels killing the first one. I also note most had minor if any performance enhancements - exhaust and perhaps a power band device mostly. One covered their calipers with red plastic! (Owch!). I was disappointed as to this element especially, as I've done extensive high end work inside and out (and have more in mind for next year). Always planning ahead...

Looks like I finally got a body guy and a shop to pass me for emissions inspection.

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
5th Gear Member

Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold
+1 on the first pic's wheel option killing the car. Would have been pretty sweet otherwise.

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinish
+1 on the first pic's wheel option killing the car. Would have been pretty sweet otherwise.
Those wheels are like the guy thinks he's some sort of gargoyle or something. What is that, like bad armor from a Beowulf remake?? I like the body kit and the fact that we have some decent options on the Z's down the line.

This was the most recent Z category winner - nice and clean, but the slip on red calipers and wheels...um, no.

Here are some other winners/runners up for discussion....(I'll do my best to avoid repeats! And I thought it was about the CARS, not the pretty backbrounds (shit, we could have Torquey put us on Mt. Everest if that's all it took!). THOUGHTS??

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
do it i want to see a z on the top of everest in the snow that would be funny

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 05:28 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Color Fade M-Tech E30
do it i want to see a z on the top of everest in the snow that would be funny
BMW used to have a Z3 in front of a mountain with a snowboard rack in its accessories catalogue! My stock tires couldn;t make it down the STREET -with a DUSTING of snow, let alone go skiing. Ridiculous (but more practical with a ski rack and winter tires!)

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
nice rides, i dont know if i should leave my front bumper as is, get the aerodynamics kit bumper, or get the ///M roadster bumper

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
#10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
roadster with different wheels, you should enter your car

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
^^^^OK - first thanks for teh compliment - it is VERY much appreciated! Seriously. With all the work and effort and time, it is really great to have another enthusiast appreciate your ride. That said, I presume the wheels comment refers to the chrome as opposed to silver wheels? It would greatly surprise me if it referred to the Beyerns, as they are just awesome! People have come up to me at 75 mph to compliment them as well as when I'm parked. I fully get the fact that silver wheels from a high end aftermarket outfit like Beyern wouldve been sweet too (believe me!) But when all is said and done, both stopped and in motion, the chrome with the Jet Black car and trim and exhaust tips just ties it all together really nice. Since joining the Werkz, this has been THE single biggest topic of discussion for me. The car came new and stock with chrome (for sale in the wheels & tires section - good luck after 5 months... ) and the chrome just looks great - period. Maybe in a few years if they wear a bit I'll consider silver for a nice change, along with an eventual paint job. Once my boost guage is in, tinmy hood dent fixed and some new high res shots taken, I'm done with mods until next Spring (then comes light weight flywheel,HP clutch, Remus or tri-flow exhaust, Schnitzer pedals, a rear spoiler, and maybe either a front diffuser or just a cool lip. Just some thoughts...

Itried to keep this about the Z3 and to avoid most of the ///M Roadsters, Z4's and...GASP...the Z3 COUPES (YUCK!). I actually turned down a brand new 2002 ///Roadster hatchback in shit dull red (called "the sneaker") despite the same front as the Z3 and, of course, the mighty 3.2 liter 315 bhp inline 6 of the final 2 years of the Z3///M. Just too ugly, HATED it (but DAMN it wouldve been FUN to blow away sooo many cars. Imagine THAT thing supercharged....I'd have to challenge the mighty Professor in that thing!

Anyway, lots and lots of fun for all down the road.

And those wheels look pretty sweet in person with the Red Brembos behind them - trust me until we take a ride & you see it!

Ciao.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
I just think that the wheels you have in say silver with a polished lip would be nicer, I mean i'm not like 100% anti chrome, or anything, just one of my least favorite "styles". I mean the 18"s on my car are sorta shiny. But i'll probably use them a lot less now, after I finish building the motor I have on a stand and do the auto to manual swap I want light wheels, etc.. Would be cool to have a werkz meet sometime, maybe not quite in NYC, but somewhere in between us

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness
I'd have to challenge the mighty Professor in that thing!
And you'd probably take me out, too.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BMW325i
I just think that the wheels you have in say silver with a polished lip would be nicer, I mean i'm not like 100% anti chrome, or anything, just one of my least favorite "styles". I mean the 18"s on my car are sorta shiny. But i'll probably use them a lot less now, after I finish building the motor I have on a stand and do the auto to manual swap I want light wheels, etc.. Would be cool to have a werkz meet sometime, maybe not quite in NYC, but somewhere in between us
See - I didn't even KNOW about aftermarket silver with a polished lip (and after all I spent etc almost don't wanna know now... . Cool to be sure!

I'm certain the Professor and I would be into meeting.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
wheels go well with your car RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM