Moving Z3 heater controls down to Z3M gauge location... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
booksix is on a distinguished road
Moving Z3 heater controls down to Z3M gauge location...

I am thinking about moving my 2000 Z3 heater controls down to where my analog clock, a/c buttons and dsc button are (and move those controls down to the M location) so that I can make room for a 7" touchscreen that I will plastic mold to install the screen as factory (will be the control unit for my a/v system). Anyone have any insight as to how hard it will be to fab custom mounts for the heater controls?

In stock form, do they just mount to the back of the console or is there a whole unit that bolts into the dash? I ask because I haven't had a chance to see inside the dash of a Z3 yet.

Also, just out of curiosity, is the blend control all electric or is there some kind of cable? thanks
booksix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 04:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Spitfire6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by booksix View Post
I am thinking about moving my 2000 Z3 heater controls down to where my analog clock, a/c buttons and dsc button are (and move those controls down to the M location) so that I can make room for a 7" touchscreen that I will plastic mold to install the screen as factory (will be the control unit for my a/v system). Anyone have any insight as to how hard it will be to fab custom mounts for the heater controls?

In stock form, do they just mount to the back of the console or is there a whole unit that bolts into the dash? I ask because I haven't had a chance to see inside the dash of a Z3 yet.

Also, just out of curiosity, is the blend control all electric or is there some kind of cable? thanks
Great stuff.

Please let me know how it went. Any pics?
Spitfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM