to keep, or not? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 03:52 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
salamancaz3 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
to keep, or not?

so im debating on keeping the supercharger or putting my car back to stock. hhmmm....i love the speed tho. i dont really race but every now and then i like to be put in my seat by the power haha would keeping it bring me alot of mechanical problems in the future? whats the fun in it if i wont be able to drive it, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 PM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
The theory is that an engine will not be damaged by moderate forced induction, where the damage starts is with increased high revving. Given that Superchargers work from a fairly low rev range and don't require the revs to get up like Turbos typically do, they are less prone to excessive engine stress if they are driven "normally".

My vote would be to leave the supercharger in place, because to undo what you have may bring other issues like buying and fitting smaller injectors & EMU remapping, fix the fault and keep the boost.
The other thing is that you should do is go and test drive a stock version of your car to see if it still has the attraction that made you buy your car in the first place. You might find that the stock version isn't what you wanted.

Riding in style
#3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 06:25 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
oOoh ok....yea im a pretty good driver jus cause i have some heat under the hood, i dont use it, all the time..haha this one guy was saying i can run into alot of mechanical issues if i use it for an "everyday" car, so i should just sell it. but HELL NO! i love my car!

so, ive decided to KEEP IT! i test drove a stock. its not as appealing to me. thanks for the advice.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:59 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Well done. Try to avoid spending money unnecessarily, unless money isn't an issue for you, in which case you can by me a Wavetrac LSD for my E38.

Riding in style
#5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:08 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
i do spend alot sometimes lol i gotta work on that. maybe when im rich and you still need it, i will.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM
42, The meaning of life

What a woman! Hopefully one day money isn't an issue for you. Keep the SC and sort the smog issue. Good luck on Thursday at Dinan

Riding in style
#7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
i didnt go to dinan yesterday. instead i got the trouble codes and i had a couple of them. so i got a new MAS, TPS & O2sensor. i put them all in. omg the O2 sensor was sooo bad. FRIED! i just got back from restarting the codes. no more check engine light! hopefully it wont turn back on. should i still go to dinan? or wait and see if the light will turn back on, and if it does, then go? oh yea, how often do i need to change the oil in the SC? someone told me something like that yesterday.

a fetish for fast CARS, expensive SHOES and crazy TATTOOS!
#8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 AM
42, The meaning of life

See how it behaves for a week or two. When do you need to get the smog testing done?
I am guessing that you'd notice an improvement in fuel consumption, responsiveness and power.

Again ring Dinan and find out what they recommend, its something that you want to stay on top of otherwise it will bite you later on.

Roadstermadness is the member that has the supercharged Z, and I noticed him back on today, so maybe hit him with some specific questions as well. Good luck with it all and keep up the updates. The gallery has some nice photos.

Riding in style
#9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 05:06 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
alot of improvement actually i need the smog done this month ill probably need an extension. ugh i hate the DMV!
i went to dinan yesterday and made an appointment for tuesday (the earliest they had) at least they're only 10 minutes from my house.
ill check him out today. thanks

a fetish for fast CARS, expensive SHOES and crazy TATTOOS!

Last edited by salamancaz3; 06-04-2011 at 05:30 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 04:34 PM
n00b

Slipknuts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamancaz3 View Post
so im debating on keeping the supercharger or putting my car back to stock. hhmmm....i love the speed tho. i dont really race but every now and then i like to be put in my seat by the power haha would keeping it bring me alot of mechanical problems in the future? whats the fun in it if i wont be able to drive it, right?
I say leave it in it. If your car runs and you have no issues with it and you pass state spec then you might as well enjoy the ride. It is true what others on the board are saying. It could lead to other problems if you go back to stock. Now, did you mod the car yourself originally, or did you have some one do it?

If you're 555 then I'm 666!
Car Auctions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM