Interior light and key chime - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
senikc is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Interior light and key chime

I have a 1999 Z3 when I close the drivers door, the inside light stays on, and the key chime goes off as if the door was open, I have not been able to find the door switch, does anyone know where it is located and what the problem might be with it?

Thanks
Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Neutral Member

Zedfor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by senikc View Post
I have a 1999 Z3 when I close the drivers door, the inside light stays on, and the key chime goes off as if the door was open, I have not been able to find the door switch, does anyone know where it is located and what the problem might be with it?

Thanks
Charles
The switch is integrated in the door latch. Stick a screwdriver in there to push the switch. The switch is a little snap-button in the part of the latching mechanism thats mounted to the body of the car. You can leave the door open, push the button with your finger or screwdriver and wait for the courtesy light circuit to time out. If the problem persists, make sure it's the driver's door jamb switch by re-doing this little experiment on the passenger side.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM
n00b

senikc is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Interior light and key chime

Thanks for the information, I had discovered the location of the switch, from that point the problem was evident, there is a piece of hard plastic which goes around the body mounted switch/striker, on the inside where the latch has rubbed over the years it had become degraded and did not hold the door and latch mechanism in far enough to depress the switch. I rotated the plastic part and put some adhesive on the damaged part, and held it back together, now that I have roatated the plastic bushing the problem is solved.

Thanks again for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM