Independent BMW Repair Shops MPLS - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 10:05 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fatcatsailor is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Independent BMW Repair Shops MPLS

I had so many problems with my Z4 electrical systems that I just parked it last fall and said forget it till spring. All the systems were shutting down one by one. Roof quit, radio turns off by itself, panels lights were dead, horn, radio controls on the wheel, auto lights, cruise, even the dome lights would turn off and on going down the road. I was dreading going to the steelership for this one, as they have been very dishonest with me in the past. This all started when I took it upon myself to get it out of transport mode with my new computer program.

I did some research over the winter and made lots of calls for answers, no luck till now. My dealer is 200 miles away in MPLS, MN.

Finally found a independent BMW mechanic in Wayzata (MPLS suburb) that was amassing. There name is Eurosport of Wayzata. Adam is the most honest and talented BMW mechanic I have ever seen. (hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this).

4 hrs later it was done with only an ignition switch installed. I had them service and update everything also. A very reasonable price. I am not afraid of breakdowns anymore that I can't handle with this guy around. I hope this can help people in the area as it has helped me.

Bob S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM
n00b

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatsailor View Post
I had so many problems with my Z4 electrical systems that I just parked it last fall and said forget it till spring. All the systems were shutting down one by one. Roof quit, radio turns off by itself, panels lights were dead, horn, radio controls on the wheel, auto lights, cruise, even the dome lights would turn off and on going down the road. I was dreading going to the steelership for this one, as they have been very dishonest with me in the past. This all started when I took it upon myself to get it out of transport mode with my new computer program.

I did some research over the winter and made lots of calls for answers, no luck till now. My dealer is 200 miles away in MPLS, MN.

Finally found a independent BMW mechanic in Wayzata (MPLS suburb) that was amassing. There name is Eurosport of Wayzata. Adam is the most honest and talented BMW mechanic I have ever seen. (hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this).

4 hrs later it was done with only an ignition switch installed. I had them service and update everything also. A very reasonable price. I am not afraid of breakdowns anymore that I can't handle with this guy around. I hope this can help people in the area as it has helped me.

Bob S
This could be a useful thread for anyone looking for reliable and trustworthy mechanics, so I'll throw in my findings in the Houston area.

For the last 10-12 years I've been taking ALL of my European cars to European Auto Performance in Stafford, Texas (about 15 minutes SW of Houston). The mechanics name is Stan and he and his wife run the entire shop.
Stan is the one who does all of the work and he is AWESOME!
He's certified by Audi, Saab, VW, Porsche, MINI, BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche. He also takes extremely advanced classes to receive certificates such as "Master technician for electronics", "Transmission Expert", etc etc.

The list goes on and on. Anyways, he is absolutely phenomenal at getting the work done on time and for a reasonable price. He's been in business for over 25 years and their great customer service goes to show why.
I would highly recommend him to anyone in the Houston/Sugar Land areas.

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
#3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 PM
n00b

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fatcatsailor is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Bimmeradict, that's a great idea. I looked in all the forums I could find and found nothing to help me on Indy mechanics. I believe people here more than I believe advertising. Hope other people here will chime in and give us some good input for other people in other areas.

Good knowledgeable mechanics and the city there in. Maybe names of who to talk to first also.

My guys at Eurosports had all factory training also with plaques all over the walls. They sold me when they said they could do anything the dealer can. At a shop rate at one third the dealership it was a pleasure paying the bill. Also gained some friends in the process which is good.

This could have helped me if a post like this was on the forum, so chime in people!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM