Buying 2004 Z4 3.0 and have a few questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr1ve4fun is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Buying 2004 Z4 3.0 and have a few questions

Hey everyone, I'm buying a 2004 z4 3.0. It has the sport and premium packages. Does anyone know what it would take to get satellite radio in it? As far as I can figure out it was a dealer installed option. Are there any common problems with the roadsters? The top, interior, and paint are all in good shape, but the weather stripping around the windshield is all cracked. To me that says it was probably in the sun quite a bit, but the rest of the car doesn't reflect that. Any opinions on that? It has just under 30k miles and it's a 6 speed. Also does any one happen to have a carfax account right now? I got a history report already, but it's not carfax. Let me know and I can email the vin or something. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 11:14 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Do you have the service records? Also be careful about asking about carf@@ accounts -- they troll forums looking for the sharing of those! What you say about the weather stripping and the paint, if it wasn't repainted, it must have been well waxed. How do the plastic light lenses look? Do the pedals and interior look worn?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr1ve4fun is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
No there are no records, but it should have been serviced at a dealership in San Diego. I am calling them tomorrow to try and get some information. It has the maintenance package thing from BMW. The lights look fine and the pedals aren't worn out. I don't know I really like it, but the weather stripping kind of has me worried. The dealership, which is Carmax, said that they will fix anything I find. That's actually another good question. Any experiences with Carmax?

#4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 11:56 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Well, start with what you get from the call to that dealer... I guess... Can you get someone to check the rear sub frame?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM