1999 M Roadster has 2.8 amp battery drain - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Z3 / Z4 /ZM BMW Z3 Forum & BMW Z4 Forum - Covers all the past and present Z3/Z4 vehicles including: BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si, BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Z4 Roadster 3.0si, and the ZM Coupe and Roadster (BMW Z4 Forum, BMW Z3 Forum, BMW ZM Forum)

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1999 M Roadster
Photos:
jet man is on a distinguished road
1999 M Roadster has 2.8 amp battery drain

Anyone out there had any experience with a power drain in a '99 M Roadster? I have a buddy with an '02 M and he had the same thing. It turned out it was his Boomerang anti theft system. The rechargeable batteries went dead and the system kept draining the car battery trying to charge the Boomerang. I looked where he found his [in the trunk on the wall behind the seats] but it isn't there. I think the '99 has it installed up front behind the glove box. I don't want to haul the dash off to get at it unless I have to.

What I need to know is if there is another place to look for a drain other than the Boomerang.
jet man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 88 super ETA, 95 525i
Photos:
darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet man View Post
Anyone out there had any experience with a power drain in a '99 M Roadster? I have a buddy with an '02 M and he had the same thing. It turned out it was his Boomerang anti theft system. The rechargeable batteries went dead and the system kept draining the car battery trying to charge the Boomerang. I looked where he found his [in the trunk on the wall behind the seats] but it isn't there. I think the '99 has it installed up front behind the glove box. I don't want to haul the dash off to get at it unless I have to.

What I need to know is if there is another place to look for a drain other than the Boomerang.
you can pull out the fuses one-by-one and then check your meter each time a fuse is pulled. Fuse pulled drain drops to zero... that is the culprit circuit ;-)

It can be tedious, but it's prolly the cheapest DIY method

Good Luck
darkhorse737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > Z3 / Z4 /ZM