X5 2006 4.4 or 2007 3.0 ???
Hey folks, I've been looking at getting an X5 and am stuck between a 2006 4.4 or a 2007 3.0...from my perspective, here are the pros & cons:
e53 4.4 PROS:
- price: $10-15k cheaper than e70 3.0
- size: smaller that e70 3.0 (I don't care for the extra space)
- power: 4.4L 315hp V8 (55 HP + 100 torque more than e70)
- seems more robust
- weight: 60 lbs less than e70 3.0
e70 3.0 PROS:
- fuel economy: according to specs, 1 gal more than e53 4.4
- Newer technology (iDrive)
- Better interior finish
- nicer tails
The 2007 seems to be a newer, more sophisticated vehicle, but I think the biggest drawback for me is the huge price difference...does the $10-15k price difference justify me tightening the belt (will need a lot of convincing to the wife) ...
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with both vehicles and be able to provide some feedback regarding the following:
- brakes, suspension
- dashboard controls
- parts (which are more expensive)
Thx for any feedback !
Last edited by rockblock; 12-12-2009 at 11:09 PM.