Wheel identification - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
X Series BMW X3 Forum - Covers all the past and present X vehicles including: X3, X5, X6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
42, The meaning of life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Wheel identification

Does anyone know the size and offset details of these wheels that are off an 2004 - 2005 X5 from either personal experience or from OEM information?

I am thinking about this sort of rim for use on my 2000 740iL with 275/40-19R & 245/40-19F rubber, does anyone see any issues with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
I think I may have found the answer to this issue myself.
From what I can guage, these rims are the E53 X5 4.4i BMW LA wheel, V spoke 63, which are 9JX19 ET:48 & 10JX19 ET:45. From what I can figure out, these offsets are going to bring everything too far into the car without the use of spacers. So how big can you safely / sensibly go with a spacer?
#3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Good question... Interesting looking wheels...

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
You'll need HUGE spacers for that on a e38. Think like 35mm or so; and rolled fenders.

That said, those are some of my favorite wheels BMW made lately; would love to have a set on my e36 (although all 4 would have to be the fronts) -- was just playing with a tire size calc. and its feasible.

#5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:38 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
The offset on the above rims at +45 are way to high in comparison to the current 16" rims at +20. But I have found some others which are a better option, 19" x 9" +24.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 AM
42, The meaning of life

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
You'll need HUGE spacers for that on a e38. Think like 35mm or so; and rolled fenders.

That said, those are some of my favorite wheels BMW made lately; would love to have a set on my e36 (although all 4 would have to be the fronts) -- was just playing with a tire size calc. and its feasible.
Why would all 4 have to be on the front, your either running some "Road Warrior" (Mad Max) tyled tandem wheel setup, or you have tires that are tooooo wide to fit a tiny 19x9" rim on the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > X Series