BMW Werkz banner

service engine soon/ light is on!!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rav3 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone i just purchased A 2003 BMW X5 3.0 last week, after two days driving the service engine soon light came on, so what dose that mean? like what do i expect is it something major or minor? Also when i crank up the BMW the check coolant levels comes on so what does that mean like were is it located? Also yesterday we go a lot of rain and then water starting dripping from the sunroof controls on to driving shift, then i noticed the driver floor matts very wet like were on earth is this water coming from! the miles on the SUV 154, plus is that a lot of miles for an 03?

#2 ·
Jimmy you need to go back to the dealer that sold you the car & talk to him about these issues:
1. Check engine light means that the car sensed an emissions issue. you can go to an Auto Zone or other parts place & they should be able to read the code(s) to tell you what needs to be checked (fixed)
2. Water from the switch is not good. Sounds like your sunroof drains are clogged/blocked. Find them & clean them out.
3. The floor is wet probably due to #2 .
4. 154k is about 15k per year; about normal
good luck..you have some work to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.