BMW Werkz banner

New here. Asking for help with X3

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BimmerAdict 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Currently a Benz driver. Have an 07 C230 Sport. I'm in the market looking into a used X3. Somewhere between 2011-current with less than 30k miles.

I made the mistake of not researching my Benz before I bought it. From potential issues with the motor (I got lucky and thankfully didn't have this issue) and the fact that my wheels are staggered front to back I realized without the ability to rotate my tires I go through almost a set of 4 a year.

This time, I want to eliminate that. So I'm looking for any help whatsoever with the X3. I don't really know the differences in the models, Options, Things to look out for, possible problem options/models, etc...

I test drove a 2012 with about 19k miles on it. They were asking $38k for it and based off some of the prices I'm seeing on autotrader, it seems outrageous. I've seen some for less than $30k and a few in the $26-27k range with less than 30k miles. I'm not sure of they all have navigation, etc, but they seek like all the options are about the same.
I really appreciate all the help in advance.

Mike

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
They're nice cars and reliable when maintained well. However, its still a BMW so maintenance and repairs are still expensive.
There are 3 main packages (Sport, Premium, Cold Weather) and other options they can come with.
The sport package adds sporty seats, stiffer suspension, step-tronic, staggered wheels etc. If you don't want a staggered set-up I would avoid the Sport Package.
The Premium Package includes things like iDrive, adaptive headlights, premium sound etc. and the Cold Weather Package features heated seats, heater mirrors, heater steering wheel, heated wiper fluid, etc.

Then there are other options such as Nav, active cruise control, and many others.

How did you go through tires so quickly? I've found with staggered set-ups my rear tires last ~20k miles and the fronts last over 40k miles. And those are extremely sporty tires which should wear quicker than c230 tires. I would imagine you could buy tires that will last 30,000+ in the rear and over 60,000 miles in the front. That's a lot of driving if you go 30,000 or more miles in a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.