My X5 is locking me out! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
X Series BMW X3 Forum - Covers all the past and present X vehicles including: X3, X5, X6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alicia B is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Question My X5 is locking me out!

Has anyone ever had a problem with the car doors automatically locking with the key still in the car?

I have a remote key and keep it in my briefcase (or diaper bag as the case may be). Several times I've set my briefcase and other stuff on the passenger seat, closed the door, and walked over to the driver's side only to find the doors are all locked with my key inside! This should be physically impossible, shouldn't it? My dealer says he's never heard of this happening and doesn't know how to fix it. I believe it locks right as I close the door.

I have a 2009 X5, but I would imagine this could happen with any model, if it's happening to anyone else at all. Sound familiar? I'm so concerned this is going to happen with the baby inside the car.

I'd appreciate any advice!
Thanks,
Alicia B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
n00b

AlpineWhiteE46323i is on a distinguished road
I do believe this is the wrong section. There is an X5 section just above. But what I think the case is is the computer. I have it on my Dad's RDX Acura. It automaticaly locks the doors after a period of time. There should be a setting in the computer to switch from x-seconds to never or few more seconds etc. You can check either the user manual for that or ask a dealer cuz it's a safety concern because of the baby. BTW I worked at the dealership and sometimes you get ppl there who don't know anything about what they are selling so if one of them says it can't happen ask for another guy who might know or a mechanic. THey are more likely to know really. And another thing is It might be something hitting the key in the bag and it locks. But it's more likely it's the computer cuz you gotta have one hell of a luck to push same button more then once this way.

"It's not the power that matters...It's the balance."

#3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
n00b

Roni P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia B View Post
Has anyone ever had a problem with the car doors automatically locking with the key still in the car?

I have a remote key and keep it in my briefcase (or diaper bag as the case may be). Several times I've set my briefcase and other stuff on the passenger seat, closed the door, and walked over to the driver's side only to find the doors are all locked with my key inside! This should be physically impossible, shouldn't it? My dealer says he's never heard of this happening and doesn't know how to fix it. I believe it locks right as I close the door.

I have a 2009 X5, but I would imagine this could happen with any model, if it's happening to anyone else at all. Sound familiar? I'm so concerned this is going to happen with the baby inside the car.

I'd appreciate any advice!
Thanks,
Alicia B.
I have an 09 X5 also and this happened to me at the grocery store. The car was unlocked. Put baby in seat, diaper bag on floor (remote key inside). Closed the door and heard the lock activate. Luckily, we were able to get the spare key brought to us immediately. Total panic. 4 days prior...baby in seat, I pressed door unlock, got out to go around to get her out and LOCK! Panic!! Called 911. Now I am ready to get rid of the car!!! Thanks for blogging - lets me know I'm not the only one!
#4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 09:37 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Thread moved

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > X Series