BMW Werkz banner

Is this normal wear and tear?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  derekbrian 
#1 · (Edited)
With only 15,000 miles the driver seat starts showing wear like this, on a 2013 m3 lime rock park edition. It is only along the seam of the left side flap on the driver side, near where I enter and exit the door.

This is very disappointing.

Any ideas about how to care for this?

Are there any sort of partial seat cover or anything else I can to to protect it?

I can't believe that this is the state after a year and a half, just from getting in and out of the car.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

See less See more
#6 ·
It is because of loose quality of leather. You must visit dealers from whom you get accessories fitted in your vehicle.
This is not an accessory -- this is the stock seat which came with the stock Lime Rock Park M3.

OK, next question is should a factory seat wear out this quickly, or is this something that should qualify as a manufacturer issue? Appreciate that I can repair it or put a seat cover on it, but if I am doing it because of a defect, that's not right ...

Thank you!

#7 ·
Regarding wear and tear of car seat of driver's side

This is because of inferior quality of material being used. While driver seat is being continuously used, therefore it shows it's effect on that part. Still if you have any doubt you can visit to your dealers and bring the same to their notice and this will remove your doubt also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.