BMW Werkz banner

Meguiar's scratch X...

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Silver4evr 
#1 ·
I have been eyeing the Meguiar's scratch X for a few days and went ahead and bought it today. My car does have light swirl marks and a few light scratches here and there so I figured I would give this stuff a try. I just visited the site and read some user reviews...nothing but good stuff from what I read (of course they wouldnt put reviews that were negative on their site though). I thought I would run this product by you guys...Anyone give this stuff a try?

#2 ·
Seems to work ok for me. Just make sure you let it dry for a good bit before you rub it off. I used it on some light scratches, and it seems to cover them up as long as the sun is up to reflect the color of the paint - if that makes sense...

#3 ·
I use Gel-gloss for that kind of stuff. You can get it cheap at home depot.

#7 ·
Gel-gloss is a home maintenance product that's made to gently polish/clean fiberglass, marble and faux marble. I used it for years in my home and since it's so gentle I tried on one of my cars about 10 years ago to try and remove some light scratches. It worked so well and since it worked with clear coats, I've used it ever since. It comes in a spray or paste. I use the paste. It can be diluted with water for very fine scratch removal.

See gel-gloss here.
They have some products called Auto-Gloss that I'm trying to get information on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.